I'd Like You Guys To Meet...

Lola_Granola

Steve!

Picture1510.jpg

Picture1517.jpg

Picture1519.jpg

I've kept bettas for years. None as gorgeous as some of the beauties I've seen here! Just thought I'd introduce our other fish. Steve lives in the kitchen. My other hobby is cookbook testing for vegan cookbooks so I spend a lot of time in there, he's very good at keeping me company.

He is a handsome boy. What a cool job you have too.

Thank you!

I felt like I rescued him from a little cup when I got him. His fins are curled and have been since I've gotten him, but I still think he's purdy. :)

Oh what a pretty boy! And wow at that bubblenest!

The fish addiction is setting in, yes?

Maybe after you move Herman into a new home, Steve would enjoy a five gallon beta mansion!

I've had Steve for a bit now actually. I had Zucchini for 3 years (I think he died from old age), and Guacamole for 2 1/2 years, he passed away last month (cotton/wool got him while I was working). I saved Steve about 3 1/2 weeks ago. :)

And you read my mind...I think Steve would just LOVE to have Herman's old digs! :D

Thanks everyone!

Very good looking betta. :) I see you keep him well taken care of. Just look at that bubble nest! Maybe when he's in the 5 gallon, you could get him a little friend and put that nest to use. ;)

Now THAT would be a great biology lesson for my little homeschooler! :)

Nice Kitchen Fish!...I mean Steve. Is his name Steve Kitchen? Kinda has a ring to it.

(PS I'm vegan!)

Sweet! A fellow vegan!!!

I :heart the name Steve Kitchen! With him probably heading into Little Breeches' room, I wonder though. I wanted to name him Ray Lamontagne, but she wouldn't hear of it.

So handsome and what a huge bubble nest!

I would love to know how you get that job. I cook vegan, too and am constantly tinkering with or creating recipes.

He is totally showing off with that nest isn't he? ;)

It's less a job (as my payment is free yummy recipes to add to our meal rotation) and more of a hobby and it's really a lot of fun. If you're interested, I'm currently testing for a vegan slow cooker book, and the author is looking for more testers. :)

Steve is a total charmer! Such a pretty boy. And he's very good at making bubblenests :exactly Must be happy in the kitchen :D

Thats a cool home job you have :)