Betta Toys?

Mella

I've heard of some liking bright marbles to nose at. Never tried toys myself though. Mine goes nuts when he finds a bubble to chase so thinking of getting one of those bubbling toys that open and release a few bubbles when the air builds up.

You can also use those little betta excercise mirrors so they will flare so they won't get bored but don't do it for too long. I don't give mine toys either. :o Usually as long as they have enough space they're happy and entertained :D

Hehe I was just wondering. I give my parrots toys but they also turn things into toys in the wild. Same with dogs and cats and was wondering if fish did that too. Turn things into toys.

Maybe I should have put more thought into my wording. Everything I have read so far stresses the importance of stimulating Betta's so by "toys" I that. He has a nice plant to explore, come payday I'm going to build/buy a cave/hidey hole. So what else could I put in (or even float in) the tank to stimulate him?

Does that make more sense?

ahh ok how about having extra and different stuff and everytime you do a water change you could change what he has to look at? Or even change the location of the tank if it is small enough.