What's Your Next Goldfish Project?

blackteles

What's your next project with your goldfish? What would you like accomplish? What are your goals? I thought this would be some fun reading!

OK I'll start...

1. 120 gallon tank...soon to be.

2. Increase my herd to a total of 12 telescopes...add one nacreous white teles with bulging black eyes, one calico teles, and one more black teles.

3. Find a way to pay for all of this stuff! :D

-Dennis

Nice goals Dennis! Once you get that tank set up we better get so see pics- you know the rules! :D

Here's a few of mine:

1. Get Yoshi healthy and ready to join the others.

2. Try to fix Fuu's floatiness and let her join the others.

3. Split up the ryukins and telescopes- one group in the 55g and the other in the 75g.

4. Get a calico telescope.

5. Finishing touches for the tanks, like heaters for winter and UV sterilizers.

1. Get rid of the brown algae

2. Get Ludwig nice and beefed up.

3. Get a UV sterilizer

4. Maybe get a 75 gallon tank.

5. Get a Black Ranchu

I think teh UV sterilizer is a must have though.

-To sell some fishy stuff and raise funds for a $200 acrylic aquarium with an inbuilt filter for goldfish. Hoping for a 50-60 gal tank. I really want to replace my 40 gal with an acrylic tank.I need to be able to move more easily when that times comes and a glass 40 gal isn't cutting it for me. Hard enough to swap around and move my 40 gal within my apartment.

- I might build my goldie tank a sump to go with my maintenance schedule. Keeping in mind that I do regular water changes once a month. It doesn't work unless the tanks are understocked. If this means my goldfish will need a bigger tank down the road for this, then I'll house them in a bigger tank. I have my setups done like this to leave room for me to go away and leave them with auto-feeders. As long as they are not due for a water change and some freak accident doesn't happen, it goes.

-To re-home some other fish for my planned second goldfish. I often need to perform what I call "fish alchemy" when I get new fish. An equal amount of fish has to leave my place as new fish arrive. I'm having a hard time deciding which fish to re-home past a group of killies and a couple of surplus baby plecos. And even with the ones I want to re-home, finding new non shipping homes is tough.

- I think I want to train my goldfish to do tricks. I dunno how much patience it's going to take. I was amused when I noticed my goldfish doing the exact same limbo trick as the fish school with my ceramic bridges. Wasn't doing it on cue, just doing it on hir own. Ordering a "fish school" might be in the works.

-Probably won't happen, but I'd love to get in on a group order to Rain garden to buy a watonai. Without the group order, it's not happening. It's just too expensive with the shipping for me to go solo with it.

- I'm considering moving towards cutting back my apartment tanks down to single goldfish tank if I get accepted into long distance jobs.

I am interested in woofing and applying to various overseas jobs so if I get accepted , I will make more hobby sacrifices. If I don't get accepted, I'm keeping the fishies.

With these extended time frames, it would be easier to get someone to check on them while I am gone.

Start my own store... :D

But until then, I'd like to maybe get a UV sterilizer.

I can't really do much more as far as adding more fish go. What I have now will have to be enough for me, for a while.

Edit: oh ya, I need to build a stand for my 30 gallon this weekend. :rolleyes:

Edited by Locke

Current projects...

1) Help Neil recover from his wen infection/ulcer, and get him moved back into the Big Tank

2) Redecorate said Big Tank: remove rocks and add more (plastic) plants.

Dennis, speaking of a nacreous white tele with dark eyes, have you seen this beauty from RG?!!

6063e.JPG

He's so beautiful! As one tele fancier to another... you must get that fish! :D

Wow. that is awesome!

I want another 80 gallon tank. :(

1. GEt MY NEW 85 GALLONS CYCLED!!!

2.Find 1-2 awesome fish at the Holland Koi Show.

3.Decorate my new 85gallons.

4.Enjoy a tank full of healthy fish

What a great idea, Dennis!

My goals:

Short Term:

1. Fix up the sick fish in my house. I've got too many!

2. Clean out the 120g and the 68g that are sitting in my garage.

3. Get my loving BF to build a 120g stand (which he's been saying he'll do for a few months :rolleyes: )

4. Buy WAY more filters (that's today!)

Long Term:

1. Add-on about 40-50g to the pond

2. Backgrounds for the 120g and the 68g

3. More UV sterilizers.

4. Switch everything over to multiple cannister filters (leave the HOB for QT tanks).

5. Start both ryukin and tamasaba breeding programs. (That's for next summer)

My goals?

1. 120-140 gal!

2. Fill it with Lionheads, Ranchus, Pearlies, Oranda's, and Fantail's!

3. Plant it all over, nicley!

4. Barebottom

5. Stock up before hand on all meds

6. Buy some helpful W/C equipment

7. And as said before, find a way to pay for it! haha

Dennis, speaking of a nacreous white tele with dark eyes, have you seen this beauty from RG?!!

6063e.JPG

He's so beautiful! As one tele fancier to another... you must get that fish! :D

Sakura...that is one nice nacreous teles...that's pretty much what I would like to get. It reminds me of the nacreous fantails I used to have when I was a kid. I'm going to think it over, I could also get a calico and another black all at the same time and be done with those goals, but I have to be careful that I don't overstock! Hmmmmm.... :hummm

-Dennis

1. Buy additional filter

2. " a bubble wand

3. Either add some live plants from existing tanks to my goldfish tank-or- get some new plastic ones

4. Try to convince myself every day that I cannot have a Black Moor in my goldfish tank...

I would love to get one of those 40 gal corner tanks. My bf always says I can keep more tanks at his house sooooo--maybe soon??? Also he has mentioned several times that he would like to make me some kind of patio pond setup. He already has a covered patio and is willing to put netting around it to keep out predators. Sounds good to me!!

1. Receive the two ranchus I have on order from Goldfishnet in the mail, get them acclimated, and have them undergo a successful 30-day (minimum) quarantine in my 29 gallon.

2. Transfer them to the Tacky Tiki Tank with Cheddar and Salem, my two existing ranchus.

3. Hope against hope that everyone stays healthy for at least a little while.

I picked up another filter for my 80 gallon today. I was considering picking up a UV sterilizer, but apparently they kill algae, as well as other bugs. I have a bristle nose, so that was a no go.

Anyway, I wanted to buy something to improve the quality of my tanks water, so another (albeit small) filter I'm sure helps. :)

The UV sterilizer only kills free-floating algae (green water), it won't kill the algae growing on surfaces that your BN eats.

:exactly Otherwise, I would so totally have a UV sterilizer on every tank I own! As would virtually everyone else I know.

Imagine no more algae

I wonder if you can

No slime below us

Everything spic and span

The UV sterilizer only kills free-floating algae (green water), it won't kill the algae growing on surfaces that your BN eats.

Alright, then that is my next purchase. It woulda been today, had the guy explained that better.

Thanks Sakura!