Sign in to follow this  
Angel1020

Some Bottom Sitting...

My new telescope is bottom sitting intermittently. He will come up for food (though he's not really good at seeing it so he never gets much) and swim around the tank but other times he will bottom sit in the back corners. He also floats vertically sometimes. Right now he's doing it and aiming for bubbles on the surface.

Anyway, the tank has been running on all three filters (900gph) for over 24 hours now. I have 2 medium air-stones in the corners and another smaller one in the middle that I added when I went down a filter. But I'm keeping it in there for now. I did a water test yesterday and my params were good:

75 gallon tank

ammonia - 0 - slight (expected being down a filter)

nitrites - 0

nitrates - 5-10

temp - 76-78 (keeping it warmer during treatment)

food - usually saki hikari and then fast one day then feed peas. but for the past few days they have been on Jungle AB

Prime water conditioner.

I have been keeping the tank at .3% salt for almost 2 weeks now. And I started dosing the tank with prazi-pro on Monday.

I did a 25% water change today and have not tested the water yet.

Should I change anything I'm doing? I don't want to lose any more fish :(

Is he in quarantine or no? It could be from the prazi treatment, sometimes they get worse before they get better. Have you noticed him yawning at all? Is he still eating well?

The problem with telescopes with other fish is that the other fish will outcompete them for food. Especially Ryukins :doh11: the stories of Denny terrorizing a poor black moor I had. If he's not in quarantine I would put him in quarantine to be safe.

Any frayed fins?

Edited by Tay

I just learned from another poster on here that PraziPro doesn't work effectively with salt in the water. So basically all the Prazi you've been using since Monday was wasted :( What I would do is do a huge water change (or a couple huge changes back to back) to get the salt level down as low as you can. It has to be below .1% for the Prazi to work. Then do a dose of Prazi every seven days until you have done three doses. The issues with your telescope sound like they're flukes related to me.

Wow, I thought I read that prazi and salt work great together. ???

There are no torn fins that I can see yet.

Apparently they don't. Another member on here emailed the company, and a rep told him that Prazipro is ineffective in anything above .1% salt.

I still think you should do large water changes until all the salt is gone, and then restart the Prazi.