Syringe Feeding Sir Loyn

Helen

• Supporter

hi guys,

sir loyn is constantly at these bubbles and as a result keeps getting swim bladder issues. seeing as he doesn't like being out from the main tank, i have to feed him peas in there. only problem was, everyone else was getting them before him, so i ended up having to do 2 wc's per week as they were all pooping like mad!!.. so i decided that i would feed him via syringe as he kept spitting out the larger pieces when i shoved them in his mouth..

here's some video of my first time feeding this way.. admittingly, i was very scared i would hurt him, so please don't mind my trembling hand, i think i was as frightened as he was and we both wanted to get this over and done with ASAP

http://s1011.photobucket.com/albums/af233/stakos/sir%20loyn/?action=view&current=MAH00089.mp4

Helen,when I need to feed 1 of my babies 'specially' I use 1 of those beauty organizer baskets,and it works GREAT-I don't need to handle them or force anything:

IMG_0373.jpgIMG_0371.jpg

Less stress for everyone concerned :heart BTW,this guy has sbd,that's why he's on his side :oops:

Awww Helen, he actually opens his mouth when you go near! :heart

I use a floating breeder box for Sir L (LadyG) now as I am feeding her MediGold that the others cannot get.

Aww you're both doing so well. Hopefully that'll help him with his swim bladder problems. :doh11: I don't know why they love the bubbles so much, it must tickle or it's some form of entertainment for them.

• Supporter

thanks guys, I will try a container with holes next time, as I'm sure this will happen again, he's quite head strong about eating his bubbles.. that was a video of the first feed like this, I've had to do this again and the second time around wasn't so stressful to either of us, but still, I will try a container... if only he was more like pork chop, when I cup my hand in the water, she literally comes to sit in it.. that would make life a whole lot easier at times like this..

Helen that was so cute to watch. :heart I loved how he would open his mouth when you would get the syringe close to him. Thanks for sharing this moment with us. :)

• Supporter

You did a great job!

thank you amy.. just the thought of having to do it started me trembling.. LOL. but we got there :) then i was scared to let him go.. i thought, what if he struggles whilst i'm trying to take my hand away and i poke his eye out? so i just did it as quickly as possible..

That video was amazing. No struggle at all from him... I had no idea you could even do this with a fish. Thank you for posting and furthering my goldfish education!