Sign in to follow this  
Cynders

Jungle Anti-Parasite

After reading more on here, it just occurred to me my fish have never been treated for parasites except with prazi. Now they haven't been showing any symptoms and have been behaving normally all this time, but I was wondering, if I should actually feed the jungle anti-parasite just to be on the safe side? They finished their prazi treatment, but I was wondering if it would be good to give them all a round of anti-parasite food?

I would love to know that too! Right now all my fish are on Jungle Anti-BACTERIAL food and I'm treating with prazi (because of the two new fish and because a couple of my other fish seemed like they were ill).

Now I have to wonder if I should either switch to Jungle AP or just use it after I'm done with Jungle AB.

Great question Tay:)

Yup yup! I have the jungle anti-bacterial food but never used it except on my little Bo who passed away from ulcers. I'm quite curious though as to if I should only use it if they're acting sick or should I use it as a precaution?

This is just my opinion but I'm not sure it is a good idea to use meds as a prevention. Jungle anti parasite food contains some antibiotics in it also. I remember Imo (Trinket) often warns us about using any meds except salt and prazi unless your fish are actually sick. The reason for this is that it can make the meds uneffective when you will actually need them. This is just my :twocents tho. :)

I agree. I've also read about using it as a prevention when it's not needed can make super bugs and like you said make it ineffective when needed. :D Thank you. Especially now that I realize that they do indeed have medication in it, I'm not going to use it. Thanks again Edith. :D

Edited by Tay

exactly.gif What I would suggest. Keep it in your arsenal for when you really need it.