Rehomed My Calico Telescope

After giving it much thought, I finally decided to rehome Tri, my calico fantail, back to my LFS. I've been in contact with them over the past few months and told them I was debating whether to bring him in, and the girls at the shop had no problem with it. I was feeling a little guilty this morning when I got Tri ready and went down to pick up my new black telescope. It did make me feel better when the manager and her assistant made a fuss over his appearance, size, and good condition. They assured me he would be sold in no time, most likely as a pond fish because of his nice size. I sure hope so!

-Dennis

Tri buddy...

tr.jpg

6-1.jpg

RandT-1.jpg

Ha! Your title is wrong! I wondered why YOU would rehome a Tele.....when you are the Tele expert!!! How about some pics of your new black Moor!! (Now since my BLACK MOOR CURSE has been removed & I have a baby Black Moor...whew SO FAR SO GOOD...I wanna see everyones Moors!!) I may even be brave and get ANOTHER one.....he looks lonely & tiny in that 29 all alone!!!

LOL Jeana I just looked at that...should be fantail and NOT Telescope. Good eyes! Geesh, a doh and a head smack! Thanks for the expert comment but I'm far from that lol...

Another Black Moor would be great for you...they're really a great goldfish! My LFS had two tanks of small young ones but I wasn't impressed with their appearance so I stayed away.

-Dennis

I was a little confused at first two because of the title and then saw the pics and I said to myself, "That's not a telescope!" lol!

I am sorry you had to rehome him! I know that can be really hard.

If it makes you feel any better, I just bought my first calico telescope yesterday!!!!! His name is Rocket and he has a PERFECT butterfly tail! That is why I bought him. I wanted another telescope anyway and when I saw they had a calico one I JUMPED on it! Then I saw his butterfly tail and fell in love!

Your telescopes will probably do much better without a streamlined fish with good vision competing for their food. Rehoming fish DOES suck, though. I'm probably going to take Archie, my red and white tele, to my favorite LFS because he's a bully and he's caused a couple of wounds on Cheddar, my white ranchu. I adore Archie, so it's really going to be a bummer.

An all-telescope tank -- impressive!!!

Someone will SNAP that fish right up!! And now THE HERD is growing!!! I can almost hear the thundering hooves.......(fins)?......as they search back & forth with their googly eyes for MORE FOOD!!!

aww Dennis,

Do not feel bad ;) when I brought my patch back to the lps because he was aggressive with my telus they too were impressed with him and he was snapped up in just a few days and went to a big pond with a bunch more fantails :) so I'm told ;) Sometime it does work out for the best :) and you have to think of the tank in general and losing one and having that many more happier just makes better sense :)

Someone will SNAP that fish right up!! And now THE HERD is growing!!! I can almost hear the thundering hooves.......(fins)?......as they search back & forth with their googly eyes for MORE FOOD!!!

:rofl

Thanks everyone....I'll stop back down and check if he's still there...I bet someone has already taken him home. He's a nicely marked calico and the LFS didn't have one that even came close.

Jeana, the herd of telescopes thing stuck lol...not bad, not bad at all... ;)

-Dennis

• Supporter

:tomuch: