New Black Teles/telescope Herd

Here are a few quick pics that I took of the new black telescope that I got today. I had him in QT at my lfs for a few weeks and everything seems to be fine. He has nice fins, a little bronzing but overall nice velvet black color, and I figure he's about a year old. His pupils are somewhat cloudy, typical of black Moors, and his tail's a little torn up, but I think with some good care he'll come around in no time and hopefully I can get his pupils cleared up.

-Dennis

h3.jpg

h4.jpg

As Jeana calls it, the telescope herd...

h1.jpg

h2.jpg

Very nice Dennis!

I have a question for you about the colour change in some of your fish.

Did they happen to go from black, to gold, to white? I only ask, because I think Apollo is turning white. He was of course, all black when I got him.

Thanks Locke!

My first black telescope (in my avatar) changed from black to completely gold within a year. Right now she's holding with the gold color however she has white tints now in her caudal fin, so it's a possibility she could turn white! It's kind of difficult to find a Moor that will hold it's color because of all the different colors (especially the gold) being bred into the black. It's not unusual for a goldfish to change colors at least three times! I know koko said she likes to watch them change color. Surprised the heck outta me when it happened... ;)

-Dennis

The guy I got my 2 teles from at the koi show told me blacks stay nice an black with colder water, I live up in WI here where I guess it does stay colder an so far my black tele an my panda's colors have stayed pretty constant I dunno but he is adorable good find!

Thanks lwebe...I hope he holds his color. That's why I wanted to get a slightly more mature black teles to see what the color change process may be.

-Dennis

My black on is turning orange with a white belly. I don't buy my goldfish for color. That is the last thing I think about. First it is fins then body shape. Last thing I look at is color if everything else is something I like.

Hey Sakura....no that's Ren, who just turned white within the last three months (he used to be orange and white). Snow is the one that came from Rain Garden and she was off doing her thing on the other side of the tank! Pic #3 bottom right is Hamlet who is a RG, and pic #4 is Patch, top center, who is another RG. Patch is in my sig to the far left, and you can see how she is turning completely gold now. There are a few streaks of black left in her caudal fins. As Hidr says, I guess you just can't count on holding color too much...

-Dennis

Yes indeed, Dennis, the HERD is coming along quite nicely!!

Hey! Maybe I'll get a couple more Moors (well, that sounds funny!) for my 29 gallon tank to go with my new baby Black Moor! I am getting very brave now that my Black Moor has survived thus far!! (Maybe my curse is broken & I can have a herd too!! LOL!!

Love your teles, Dennis! They're all absolutely adorable. I bet feeding time is comical when all those semi-blind fish rush around madly trying to find food! biggrin.gif

Hope this one keeps his color for a while. Just pretend you WANT him to turn orange, and he'll stubbornly stay black for you. They never do what you want color-wise, you know.

Oh My Gosh!!!! what a lovely bunch of Tele's you have Dennis :) I am soooo Jealous ;) I find tele's are just so much fun to watch, and there's nothing like a tank full of them!!!My dream is to have one of every color in a big tank some day :) for now I just keep my 3 in smaller tanks for now ;) (LOL)