Looking Into Ghost Shrimp...

So I know they eat pellets, how much room they need, the temp, water conditions. But what I don't know is the realationship with GF. In 2 or 3 years, I want to breed my GF, so if I have 3 Ghost Shrimp in my QT 10 Gallon, will they pick at the goldies? They will have hiding places to get away from the GF, I just don't know if this is a good idea. Thanks!

Ghost shrimp won't pick on your goldfish at all, unless he is dying. :( In that case they will do their job and try and clean up their habitat.

But the goldfish if they are big enough will try and eat the shrimp. I keep amano shrimp with my goldfish but amano's are usually bigger than ghost shrimp. And even then it is a gamble. If they have a lot of hiding spaces they might be alright but some will get eaten for sure. :(

That's good though, well for me. I will provide tons of hiding spaces in my main tank, but I wanted 7 or 8 for my 10 Gallon. That way I could raise plants in there, and they clean them up. But if I have a sick fish, I can put it in the 10 Gal and move the shrimp to the main tank.

Thanks, Caitie.