Question? Help

Guest Harrygoldfish

Guest Harrygoldfish

Thanks To This Site I Know That Goldfish Cant Grow Full Size In A Bowl .

But Will It Grow Full Size Living In 10 Gallon Tank With Three Others .If Someone Could Answer This For Me It Would Be A Great Help People.

Have 4 Fantails

1.Goldie(gold fantail)male

2.Diablo(black.red,white,orange fantail)male

3.Snubbles and Bubbles(white fantails)Both Female

Thanks People

Edited by Harrygoldfish

hi! Basically, EACH fantail fish needs 10 gallons to himself. So, for your four you would need a 40gallon tank. (also the 10x filtration rate = 400gallons per hr)

:mytank1:

No, four goldies will not grow to full size in a 10 gallon tank.

For the four fancy goldies you have, you will need a minimum of 40 gallons for them to grow and be healthy.

Just like in a bowl, in an over stocked 10 gallon there will not be enough water to dilute the waste of fish and beneficial bacteria.

A build up of fish wastes quickly become deadly!

With proper filtration (like Captain mentioned) and frequent water changes, you can keep your fish in your 10 gallon temporarily until you get something larger. A big plastic storage bin like this is a good temporary fix! They are cheap, too. If you can get one that's 40 gallons or so, it would really help. Do you have a test kit? A test kit will prove invaluable, as it will help you keep water safe for your fish.

Similarly, there will also not be enough water to dilute the hormone that tells fish to stop growing.

A build up of this hormone, as you may know, can cause stunting. The fish's bodies will stop growing, but their insides apparently do not. This can lead to long term health issues.

Keep us posted!

Edited by Iheartfishies1172

• Admin

unfortunately they wont hun.... Fancy goldfish need a min of 10 gals per fish to grow and be healthy. So with three fish you will need a min of 40 gals... For the best care i would shoot for a 50 gal tank. :)

THat's good news you're getting a 40 gallon tank. :) Your fish will surely appreciate it and they will grow up healthy and strong. Do you have gravel in your old 10 gallon?

• Admin

You guys :lol

yeah i always give my fish atleast an extra 5-10 gals .... So like my 50 gal tank there is only 4 babies in it right now. :) And they are happy :)