Pictures Of Big Momma And Tiny Tim

Quasi

I promised it months ago that I would post pictures of the size difference in my tank.

More specifically between Godzilla and Junior. Junior is also a lot lighter than the rest.

DSC04475.jpg

DSC04487.jpg

Quasi his tail (and body) have grown a lot.

DSC04489.jpg

DSC04493.jpg

DSC04494.jpg

DSC04495.jpg

Edited by Quasi

All my fish are rescues. When we bought the house the previous owner said that he bought some goldies to cycle his tropical tank and than dumped them in a way to small wooden pond thing that stood on the ground. (For the long story see my blog :rolleyes:) That happened almost 3 years ago so I think Godzilla is 6 (or 7) years old and most of the smaller ones are probably offspring. When I first saw Junior he was tiny. Compaired to all the pics I've seen from small fry, he must have been around 6 months (he was less then 1 inch with tail). So now he is around 3 years I think. He should normally be a lot bigger now than his 2.5 inch, but I think that bad water quality from almost 3 years back had a great impact on him.

Great job on the rescues :) I don't think my Atticus will get any bigger after his first 4 years in 5 gal or smaller, and I'm sure his life will be shorter than it should, but at least now he has a big tank of clean water.

What beautiful fish, and those tails. :heart That is quite a size difference between Godzilla and Junior.

Can we hope to see more pics in the near future? :please

I'm trying to take some more pics of the fish. I'm not very good with a camera.

They are all looking great! It looks like Quasi is holding onto his coloring, and Godzilla's tail is beautiful. I always love seeing pictures of your fish. :)

Quasi had one small change besides getting really long tail fins. 3 years ago both eyes were blue now one of them is orange.