Suggestions/concerns With Tank Please

We have two 30 gallon tanks and a 55 gallon, in one 30 we have 3 telescopes (2 inches), other 30 we have 2 commons (3-4 inches), in the 55 we have 2 pleco's (12-14 inches) and 4 dwarf jellybean chiclids. The 30 gallon tanks stay between 72-78 degrees, and the 55 gallon between 80-90 degrees.

We are wanting to make the 55 gallon into a goldfish tank, we will be getting rid of both pelco's since they would suck on the goldies and the chiclids would get split up between the two 30 gallons. There has never been a heater in any of our tanks.

My questions are:

Would we have to totally clean the 55 gallon and start fresh?

Would the higher temp in the 55 gallon be ok for the goldies?

I dont know why the 55 gallon stays hotter than the 30 gallons.

Would we be able to keep the pelco's in the 55 gallon by any chance?

Any suggestions/concerns?

The plecos, no. They are far too big and they are just as messy as the goldies. If you had all of the goldies in the tank plus the plecos, it would be equivalent to having 7 goldies or more.

The temp of the 55 would be an issue. I had my goldies at 82 (forgot to remove the heater in the qt tank!) and they were not loving it. With the increase in temperature, the oxygen decreases. You would have to add extra aeration. I would suggest putting a fan over the top of the tank to see how low you could possibly get it. If you can get it low enough, then consider moving the goldies in.

I think it might be ok to not strip down the 55. I would do a HUGE gravel vaccum and remove as much water as possible, while keeping the gravel and filter media wet to keep the bb alive. Then refill it and let it sit for a couple of hours for the temp to regulate and also to remove and dissolved gas bubbles that might be on decorations, filter, plants or tank walls.

Hope I helped :)

Thank you for the help, I was worried about the temp in the 55 gallon. I dont know why it is so high compared to my other two tanks though. We may just see if we can find a 40-55 gallon for the goldies and get rid of the two 30 gallons we have. This was just idea that we thought may work out better but we really dont want to get rid of our pelcos.

The temp difference could also be due to location. I don't have multiple tanks (yet!) but I do know that different places in my house have different temps at the same time of day due to where the sun is. For example, my sis and parents' bedrooms get REALLY hot on summer afternoons because they're on the west wall of the house, but mine sits at a comfortable temp because it's on the north wall. Even within the same room, temp can vary (especially if there's a window). I have no idea how far apart your tanks are, but I'd be willing to bet that your temp differences are a combo of location and water circulation/airation.