Bears Oh My

lwebe10

So...our 90 gallon garbage can full kept getting dumped over an we finally seen why heading into town the other day. Right down the road sitting in the middle of the road was a mama black bear and her 2 cubs, Now I am wondering about putting ponds outside! I know you can get nets to keep out herons but you think a bear would go into a pond to catch goldfish?? =( I was really hoping to put one or 2 in next spring for my goldies to play outside in during the summer but not if they would be easy catching for mama an her cubs!

Oh wow...that would be a horrible end to a precious pet. I don't think I would do it...but the worst we have here are raccoons. I don't think I would go outside at all if there were bears :blink:

BEARS...oh my! (get it?) Thankfully I don't have BEARS to worry about. We see an occasional deer around the area but bears...yikes! I would think they would LOVE a pond! Great for cooling off AND free food! :(

yea we kinda figured it wasnt a dog...most dogs wouldnt be able to tip that thing over its so bottom heavy let alone pick up a bag carry it 10 feet sit an eat....I am not sure if they would but I could totally see them sitting in a pool scoopin up my babies! They dont seem very afraid. When we drove past mum just sat on the side of the road an the 2 cubs just scooted up a tree like 2 feet. Wish I woulda had the camera!

To be honest, with bears around, I'd consider hiding the garbage can in the garage as much as possible... the LAST thing you want is for them to decide that your house is a good place for dinner... and then decide that you're trying to "steal" it from them somehow. I know black bears aren't too bad when it comes to people (compared with other bears) but I wouldn't want to take any chances! :bingo: