Sign in to follow this  
shellbell4ever

Bubble Curtian

I have bought myself a couple of the longer air stones in hopes of making the bubble wall curtain look, like a lot of the folks here have and I just keep getting water running down the back of the tank between the glass and background...How do you do it? I love the look and the effect but not the mess :( any suggestions welcome :)

Is it because the bubbles are coming up too close to the back edge of the tank? And then water splashes over it? I have mine scooted forward just a little bit (it's in a slight curve shape so that it's further from the back wall) so that it doesn't splash too close to the back edge. But I think it also helps to have the type of bubble wand that puts out smaller bubbles so it doesn't splash water all over the place- as much :) Let me know if I'm not understanding your question properly!

I'm not sure why there is water running down the tank. :idont

how do you have yours placed?

Is it because the bubbles are coming up too close to the back edge of the tank? And then water splashes over it? I have mine scooted forward just a little bit (it's in a slight curve shape so that it's further from the back wall) so that it doesn't splash too close to the back edge. But I think it also helps to have the type of bubble wand that puts out smaller bubbles so it doesn't splash water all over the place- as much smile.gif Let me know if I'm not understanding your question properly!

Yes Sakura you got it ;) I had it (the bubble bar)against the back tank wall to get that effect,but I have the large bar type so perhaps my bubbles are to big,so maybe if i pull it forward a bit that might help :) I don't think water is running down as much as it's condensation from the bubbles at the back of the tank causing some water to get in behind my background Grrr ;) so next w/c or after the move I will try moving it forward to see if that makes a difference :) or maybe I will just order the bendy type like you have ;) that one produces smaller bubbles right??

Thanks so much :)

Did you get the bubble wands,Shelly? Just a word of caution:keep the wands or stones away from the intake-it gets air in them and they can quit(filters)on you :exactly They look like this: My link

I'm not sure why there is water running down the tank. idont.gif

At the Tank's back wall,I think maybe Sakura hit the nail on the head My bubble bar is the big type and it makes big bubbles(not tiny ones) and I Think if i pull it forward some it might help,but thanks anyway for your input Martha :)

I'm not sure why there is water running down the tank. idont.gif

At the Tank's back wall,I think maybe Sakura hit the nail on the head My bubble bar is the big type and it makes big bubbles(not tiny ones) and I Think if i pull it forward some it might help,but thanks anyway for your input Martha :)

well we posted at the same time, Sakura and I, so I thought maybe deleting my post as hers was more informative but then I remembered I can't do that, lol

I put stones on mine when it used to be too strong, then just changed the bubbler to a less powerful one :P it becomes messy if you are salting the tank- yikes salt everywhere!

Hiya Shell...looks like everybody's got you covered here, just wanted to add that I use the long air stone strips in mine (2) connected in tandem for a length of about 18". I have them positioned about 2" from the rear wall of the tank. Either the strips or the wands both do a great job.

-Dennis

I MIGHT have the World Record number of bubbling thingees! I have two air stones in my 29 gallon tank! And in the big tank I have one of those bubble wands, a bubble disc, an air stone in the dragon & another in the lighthouse...plus those are run off of a Coralife pump that was a Boat Motor in another life!!!!

I had that same problem! And my mom got REALLY angry at all the water hitting her wallpaper.....:oops:

So I just moved mine to the exact middle of the tank. The fish don't mind because it gives them kind of a two room apartment! :lol

Fantastic suggestions everyone :) Thanks so much for all of your input!!!!

.plus those are run off of a Coralife pump that was a Boat Motor in another life!!!!

LOL Jeana...good one...

-Dennis :tomato: