Mollies

Guest HHN20

Guest HHN20

Hello, I have a quick question about a dalmatian mollie of mine. They male has mated with the female a couple of times for a few seconds. A few days have passed and the female mollie does not look any fatter. About how long until I should know if she is pregnant?

I also a female Red Wag Platy. She has been very fat for months. I don't know if she is pregnant or not either. Pictures are below:

2rduowh.jpg

Thanks for the help.

Guest HHN20

What are your opinions on the Red Wag Picture? Do you have a pic of the black spot so I can look for it?

Edited by HHN20

Here is how the black gravid spot looks on a female guppy. That's how you can tell this fish is pregnant. I can't find a photo of how it looks on a Molly, but it should look very similar to this photo:

guppy_female_from_kate_w278.jpg

p.s. the black spot is at the bottom of the belly.

Edited by Sakura

My guppies are always full of eggs. Even without a male they can stay full of eggs for months and months they store sperm. Hey my males are always robbing the craddle so even my babies are full of eggs.