Bought 55 Gallon For 55 Dollars

Long dream came true. Bought the 55 gallon (1 gallon for $1). Now, I am looking to decided which light I should buy. Initially thought of this lighting (Coralife). What about this lighiting, expensive though, can this USA NOVA will fit in my fishtank, this fishtank has a divider in the middle on the top and do I need the glasstop if I use this USA NOVA light since this light has legs.

SandyoDoss.

• Admin

My guppy tank had a light like the second one, i didnt have a glass lid on it, didnt bother the fish nor the light..... But with goldfish they might jump.... so the hood will need to be there some how.

Both lights are really good :) congrats on such a great find :)

Thanks Koko, If I have to put the glass lid then I will go with the T5 Fixture.

Can a 55 gallon hold two Marineland Emperor BIO-Wheel 400 filters, I wanted to know if both of them can fit in size on top of this fishtank?

I have one more question, I already have 3 goldfish in 29 gallon and 1 in 10 gallon (as all 4 cannot fit in 29 gallon), after I recycle my new tank (probably taking one sponge from 29 gallon and bio media from 10 gallon), can I add all 4 goldies at the same time into my new tank or one at a time, if so then what will be the frequency and how long I should wait to get my new 55 gallon tank to recyle.

SandyDoss.

What a great find.

You can put all in a 55 with no issues. The 2 filters can be run at the same time also.

I would put filter media from both existing tanks in the new set up and let it run for a few days before adding any of the goldies.

Then be sure to check the water parameters daily just to be safe.

Edited by j-pond

I don't see any real need to withhold from adding them to the tank all at once, but if was my situation I would add one every few hours to your 55 gallon tank. Be sure to give them proper acclimation and also ensure that the water parameters match from tank to tank. If you're going to add the goldfish before the tank cycles you'll have to check parameters daily along with the necessary daily water changes to keep ammonia and nitrite levels at a minimum to keep your fish healthy and safe. That's a great buy on your tank! :Congrats:

-Dennis