Popeye

Hello everyone!

I saw the most adorable fish on Thursday, he is a telescope. However I suspect he has popeye since one of his eyes in bigger than the other. I was wondering if I decided to take him how would I treat popeye? It would be great to know asap so I can get some things if I need to if I decide to get him!

Not all telescopes have evenly sized eyes - don't assume it's popeye straight away though it might be. I think popeye on its own is mainly due to water conditions - that's a first bat anyway and it can improve with the water. It's often seen with dropsy, particularly when it's in both eyes but don't assume there's dropsy because there's popeye you can get one without the other. I would have epsom on hand incase he does dropsy, but definitely just start with clean water and maybe a little normal aquarium salt, to be removed if dropsy occurs.

Not all telescopes have evenly sized eyes - don't assume it's popeye straight away though it might be. I think popeye on its own is mainly due to water conditions - that's a first bat anyway and it can improve with the water. It's often seen with dropsy, particularly when it's in both eyes but don't assume there's dropsy because there's popeye you can get one without the other. I would have epsom on hand incase he does dropsy, but definitely just start with clean water and maybe a little normal aquarium salt, to be removed if dropsy occurs.

Cheers,

am gonna pick him up tomorrow! Then we can decide where his eye is at after I have put him in QT :)