It Made Me So Unhappy! :(

oeyjay143

I keep empty soda bottles around so that I can move water with them... Well anyway I was working on changing water last night and I had put the bottle down into my aquarium and I started smelling some sort of body spray or perfume or somthing. I thought it was my body spray and that I had stepped on the bottle of it, but it turned out that one of my little brothers had sprayed some of their body spray into that bottle I was using. So, I ended up moving that fish to my big aquarium which is definatly overcrowded now... I was angry, but it turned out okay. I got to take the gravel out of my aquarium which really needed to be done. So now I have a bare bottom aquarium! So I am excited about that.

LOL!! pics please!

well, I will post some after I get it decorated... its just an aquarium with a green background and some river-like rocks in the bottom, just a few smooth stones... Nothing special yet.

You should probably do a big water change just incase anymore perfume is stuck in there.

I took all the water out. I didnt wanna risk it. but I left the filter pad in so that the bacteria will build back up hopefully.

Guest Milp00l

What sized tank do you have? You should invest in a different device for transfering/changing water. I use a Python to change the water in all my tanks. If not the Python, even a simple 5 gallon bucket and a piece of tubing to siphon the water out of your tank into the bucket. Dunking the whole soda bottle into the tank to fill with water sounds like it maybe stressful to your fish.

What sized tank do you have? You should invest in a different device for transfering/changing water. I use a Python to change the water in all my tanks. If not the Python, even a simple 5 gallon bucket and a piece of tubing to siphon the water out of your tank into the bucket. Dunking the whole soda bottle into the tank to fill with water sounds like it maybe stressful to your fish.

Well, I actually have four tanks. One is a 5gal, two are 10gal and I have one 55gal. I also use a water vacuum hose but it moves water so slow... so I have been using cups and bottles and such...

Oh my gosh, what a close call! I hope your fish are alright! I know I would be about having a heart attack if that happened to me! Chemical contaminants around the fish tank (or anywhere in the apartment) really scare me.

Oh my gosh, what a close call! I hope your fish are alright! I know I would be about having a heart attack if that happened to me! Chemical contaminants around the fish tank (or anywhere in the apartment) really scare me.

Well, it was my bully fish(hes not a bully now, I guess he learned his lesson)but he is ok. I got him out soon after and put him in my big(overcrowded now) tank. I also had a little tiny pleco in the tank with it. Its okay also.

Edited by oeyjay143

That's great that the fish are okay! If I were you I'd rinse out that filter pad in dechorinated water. The bacteria won't be harmed as long as the water is dechlorinated. :)