New Look For 25G

redfish

Black plastic tablecloth cut to fit back. Glass vase filled with small river rock, air stone & large silk plant. River rock scattered on bottom, with bare area for feeding. Can someone please tell me if I should worry about gases getting trapped in the vase? Should I stir it up occasionally??

August2010021.jpg

Excuse stains on back...tank was bought used and we couldn't get the white stains off the outside.....

Edited by redfish

I agree with ShellBell, I usually empty+rinse the pot+stones with hot water each week. HOWEVER, I think the plants prefer when you let some 'gunk' get in there to 'feed' them. Unless they are fake :rofl

I like to keep it simple too. With goldfish tanks, the emphasis should really be more on the fish than any decor in the tank. I find that most decors just detract from the beauty of the fish themselves. :) Your tank looks really nice, and I bet the fish enjoy it very much! If you decide it's too much work/worry to clean out the vase every week, you could always tie the plant down to a larger river rock using fishing line. That would look great as well.

Its looking good! I love the idea of a vase, I used a small one with an airstone in my 10g divided betta tank, the only problem is that bacteria still grew and now I don't own any bettas.. IMO definitely clean it out, dont just stir it around!

Thanks everyone, for your help. :)

I took out the small rock, and used a suction cup to fasten the airstone to the inside of the vase, then put in 4 large river rocks. This will be much easier to clean each week. Having the air bubbling out should help keep things moving in the vase a little. It is a wide mouth vase also.

I agree,Sakura, I am loving the simpler decor. I could never go with no plants or rock at all though. I do feel the fish need stimulation in the tank too. They are playful and smart. I want them to be as happy as they make us!!