How Long Do They "court"

eather.hey

I asked this question on another forum, but it's gotten pretty far down and I'm not sure if anyone will notice it. But I was just wondering how long will the male chase and court the female before the process is over? My guys have been going after my girl for awhile!

Thanks!

Heather

it usually takes about 3 hours but it can vary. my male has been chasing my females half heatedly for weeks but if it is full on, bum in face constantly then it should last around 3 hours :)

Thanks, I guess they're not ready. The boys still have their white spots but they've stopped chasing. I'm not sure that they're old enough anyway. They probably stopped because I went out and bought a little 2 1/2 gallon aquarium in case I do find eggs. Maybe I'll get a betta for it instead :D ...or maybe some dwarf frogs! But then when I do that, I'll have eggs, right??? :rofl

Heather

most probably! if you really want them to breed, you could raise the temperature of the water, that sometimes triggers it. how big are your males? if they have breeding stars i think they are probably old enough.

Archived