Little babies.

z022.jpg

z024.jpg

z027.jpg

z049.jpg

z051.jpg

z053.jpg

z067.jpg

They were swimming in the new water that was being added to the tank.

z054.jpg

z058.jpg

These ones were really huge.

z061.jpg

z063.jpg

My favorite photo. The gray koi in this photo was my favorite.

The first thing I even noticed when we entered the show area was a big banner in the corner with goldfish on it, and I immediately went over to check it out. These guys sell show quality goldfish and koi in Chicago, and they brought some absolutely beautiful goldfish to the show to sell. It was so hard to choose which ones to buy, especially with our limited funds.

z037.jpg

z038.jpg

I have never before seen so many beautiful show quality goldfish in person, so this was an amazing experience!

z039.jpg

There were so many cute calico teles. We almost got one, but we decided on a blue one instead.

z040.jpg

The ryukins were amazing!

z041.jpg

There were some super cute baby ranchus too.

z043.jpg

z045.jpg

^In the photo above^ We got the red/white ryukin that is towards the right side of the tank right next to the big orange and white ranchu.

z046.jpg

z079.jpg

z080.jpg

The blue butterfly in the middle of this photo is the one we bought. Only $45 and no shipping cost!

z081.jpg

z082.jpg

z084.jpg

The calico butterfly closest to the top left corner is the one we almost got.

z085.jpg

z087.jpg

z090.jpg

A pretty panda butterfly.

Edited by Sakura

Beautiful fish! :Congrats:

-Dennis

WOAH! :Congrats:

It would not do for those to be around here. I would have to bring home one or two even if it meant I would be over stocked.

So pretty.

no! noooooooooooooooooooo! this is painfull!! I WANT THEM ALL!! :tantrum they're ALL beautiful

Those are some great pics,Sakura :painting: Congratulations on the new fish-they are both beauuuuuuuuuuuuutiful :heart I esp like the blue Tele :wub: I can't wait to see more pics :theater: Thanks for sharing these :greenbanana:

OMG NOOOOOO I WANT A GOLDFISH SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :heart:heart:heart I am GREENwith envy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE the RYUKIN you got!!! And those baby ranchus!!!!!! :heart:heart:heart

Wowwwwwwww. That's way too many pretty goldfish in one place. I'd be drooling. :krazy::rofl

When did you get there? We got there at 9am and it looks like he must have sold a lot. Can you believe he only wanted 125-250 for those GIANT Ryukins in there?? I scored 2 teles that were beautiful for 40 bucks an 2 little orandas for 10 bucks each! I got his card an next time I want more goldfish I am just taking a trip down to there house lol.

I think we got there at around 2:00 or so. We told him that we normally order from Dandy Orandas and he started saying how his own fish were twice as nice and cheaper as well. They are cheaper, but I think that they are about as nice as the ones from DO. It was nice buying them right there though, because by the time we got the fish home (only a 15 minute drive) they were less stressed than they would have been if they were shipped straight to us from out of state. It was also nice being able to pick the fish out in person. I've never had the opportunity before to pick out my own fish from so many perfect specimens in person. We want to pay him a visit in Chicago sometime too, but not for a while, as we don't have much space for fish (or money!) left now :rolleyes:

Oh and I had a recurring nightmare all night long last night that my beautiful new blue butterfly had a severe case of dropsy that came on within minutes. I was horrified, and I woke up early unable to sleep without checking on her. She was fine of course :) I think I'm going to name her either Pandora or Padme. But I don't know if she's a girl for sure yet, so we'll see.

You should post pics of the ones you got!

will do soon =) I got so tired of petstores wanting 500 for a decent sized filter so my BF an I stopped at menards an for 280 bucks we built a filter that kicks out 850 gallons an hour an even rigged it with a matching UV filter we flooded the living room 2x an were up till 2am lol but it seems to be kickin butt and it doesnt seem to be over powering I had nightmares my fish were going to be stuck to it this morning but everyone was fine! I needed to open up more filters with my big mama in quarantine an now the knew guys in a tub :newfish

Fish nightmares are the worst! This was actually my first one, and I think I've been scared of dropsy because of just losing a new butterfly who had dropsied and now Momo has some lifting scales. It is so scary. But flooding is bad too! I flooded the kitchen pretty bad a week ago, and it was even dripping into the apartment below us a little bit. I was scared they'd evict us, but they did nothing.

That is awesome that you were able to build your own filter, it would be so much more affordable that way! I always get my light timers and even my aquarium light bulbs at hardware stores because they are so much cheaper that way. I got a timer for $5 and two 48" fluorescent bulbs for $10.

here are the 4 I got from the show sooo gorgeous!! Can you believe it was only 40 for these 2 teles an then 10 bucks for the little orandas each!

100_2047.jpg

100_2070.jpg

100_2041.jpg

100_2044.jpg

100_2018.jpg

40 bucks a piece an 10 bucks a piece to clarify but definately worth it! Ignore the date on the pics I just realized my camera reset hahaha

Edited by lwebe10

So Many Beautiful Goldfish (drools ;)) Congrats on the new aditions to you both and thanks for all the wonderful shot's at the show :)

Yey Sakura I am SO happy you named 'her' Padme!!! :whatjust:

Wow...there were some beyond amazing fish there! And you both scored some of the best. I think if any fish are like this at the show next week it will be very hard to resist the urge to take one or four hundred home.

:Congrats: on the :newfish !!!!!!!!!!!! :nana

also I really need you 2 go back and get me this one :heart

z043.jpg

I KNEW IT!!!! You both got them from Ron!!

I LOVE his fish and he's such a great guy, too! He actually lives about 10mins from me! As soon as I get out of school and set up my fish room I am going to buy a bunch of brood stock from him and set up a breeding program. :)

I spent the entire weekend of our goldfish show fish gazing at his stand and trading stories with him (and the other fanciers that I met there)!

I bought three calico ryukin from him at the beginning of July. :) I don't want to burst your bubble, but he gave them to me for cheap ($90 for the three of them). You gotta haggle! :pp

I ALMOST bought the big fat red/white ryukin that was in the tub (I'm sure you know exactly which one I'm talking about!) and also a handful of those teles with the tosakin tails! I was SO tempted by them.....like the ones you guys bought....but I have decided to concentrate on only ryukin. I won't say no to a good deal on another breed, but ryukin have always been my first love and the only ones I'm willing to pay the big bucks for. :)

Yep I got them from Ron. I was wondering if you and/or Daryl might know him, since I know you guys live in the Chicago area. He has some very nice fish!

I kind of felt like we should offer a lower price, but to me $45 each was a good enough deal. And I know raising fish is a big job, so I kind of felt he deserved what we paid. Maybe next time we will try to haggle a little bit though. :)

one of the people who recommended me to go see him just bought a tosakin tailed telescope an won baby grand champion with it at the show they went to! I think once things settled down I might take a trip an request one or two show quality fish it might be fun to start showing them an learning the road trip to see them in MN was fun we seen so many cool things. It would give me an excuse to go road trippin an see more fish once in awhile! I was sorely tempted by the giant choc an the blue/choc ryukin but not without a cooler

Yeah my hubby really wanted the big chocolate ryukin too! But we already have Toad, and probably he will end up looking similar if he keeps growing :)

Wonderful pictures, thank you! And I'm seriously drooling over that red and white telescope, so nice!

Gosh I wish we had some goldfish shows up here.