Feeding Frozen Peas

Choochoo

Hi everybody

I have been feeding frozen petite peas once a week to My wet pets,but Im having trouble removing the shells without mashing them into mush.

Any tricks to removing the shells ?

I always thaw them some in a little water then just pinch them between my fingers...they kind of "squirt" right out. I toss the shell part & feed the peas to the bottomless pits!!!

I pop them in the microwave in a dish of water for 30 seconds, the scoop them out of the water and let them cool. The when you squeeze the peas, the shell breaks easily and they pop out :D

I pop them in the microwave in a dish of water for 30 seconds, the scoop them out of the water and let them cool. The when you squeeze the peas, the shell breaks easily and they pop out :D

Thank You,I was not microwaving them.I was just taking them from the freezer,and squeezing them in My hand.About half of them turned to mush.

Aftran, just getting back as I just got back from picking up frozen peas at the store. :whatjust:

I pretty much do as the others, I use the petite frozen peas, put them in with a little bit of water in a bowl, and nuke for 30 seconds. Let them cool to be safe and all you have to do is give them a good squeeze at the top of your tank between your fingers and the inside will pop right out, usually in two small halves.

-Dennis