Do Motorcycles And Goldfish Mix?

jen626

• Supporter

I know most of you will think I am completely insane, and perhaps I am!

I am going to the NWKG goldfish and koi show tomorrow in Portland and if i find a fish I really, really like I would have to bring it home on the back of a motorcycle. I was thinking as long as it was in a plastic bag with water and pure oxygen and i put it in a styrofoam cooler to keep the temp stable it might be ok strapped on the back? This is a HUGE bike, a Harley ultra-classic, so it has a giant back saddlebag, so very stable and no chance of falling off. The main thing I am concerned with is the vibrations. But do you think that is worse than the car?

Do you think I am totally nuts? Lol, we really don;t want to take our van.

GUILTY!!!!!!!!!!!:exactly

I have done it many times. Strapped a sterile picnic drink freezer box on the back of my motorcycle and ridden home quite safely with new fish that way.

Nooooo worries :D

Drive slow and avoid bumps in the road and too many twisties :)

I love the combo too!

One thing I forgot to add is you can use a towel to make the bag snug inside the freezer box or hard case. That stops a fair amount of jostle.

Presumably the fish will be in the oxygenated plastic bag and it is a good idea to use something soft to protect the bag.

• Supporter

GUILTY!!!!!!!!!!!:exactly

I have done it many times. Strapped a sterile picnic drink freezer box on the back of my motorcycle and ridden home quite safely with new fish that way.

Nooooo worries :D

Drive slow and avoid bumps in the road and too many twisties :)

brought pork chop home on a 996 ducati (vibrations plus).. as you can all see.. she's fine! all of what trinket said and don't take the corners too sharply.. however, on a harley, i don't see how that's possible LOL... you'd be digging the chrome into the gravel before your tirewall even had a chance.. :tomuch: .. i think you'll do fine..

• Supporter

I hate to disappoint but I am just a passenger...I haven't learned how to ride yet. :-(

But I love to ride!

If I get a fish it will definitely be in a bag with pure oxygen. The towel idea is perfect! I am glad everyone doesn't think I am totally crazy!!

• Supporter

I hate to disappoint but I am just a passenger...I haven't learned how to ride yet. :-(

But I love to ride!

If I get a fish it will definitely be in a bag with pure oxygen. The towel idea is perfect! I am glad everyone doesn't think I am totally crazy!!

no dissapointment at all hun.. we all started as passangers.. some of us, purely from the need (i live in the heart of melbourne city in australia) getting around in a car is impossible.. i had to get a scooter, learned to ride illegally, then when i realized i should make it offical, i went for my licence.. if i didn't need the scooter, i'd still be a passanger..

• Supporter

I would love to have a cute little scooter but would be afraid someone would pull me off it as a red light and take it. lol

oh my.. is it that bad over there hidr? that's horrible :(

Ya crime is bad here. Someone gets killed almost every day. That is what happens when you live in a bigish city. Jackson Mississippi is also the capital. Crime got worse after New Orleans. And a lot of the people that come here stayed. Crime rate went up but police force did not.

And our 911 system is a joke now. 20 minute waits or more.

HI!! Where ya' been? I missed ya'!!!! Now to business:

I got 3 baby goldies from an online friend a few years back & she was passing thru Atlanta....my son met her & brought my babies home strapped onto his motorcycle! They did just fine!

Edited by Jeana727

At least they show up! I live literally two minutes from the largest police station and the one time I called them it took them over an hour to show up. That was very scary.

Hear you guys. Police are superfast here as crime is low but ambulances? You are better off calling a taxi. Seriously slow ambulances -we personally know one man who died before he reached hospital, there are countless stories in the papers of more, and when Xavier was fifthgrade on his bicycle and got hit by a car, blood gushing from his head like a geyzer,the ambulance staff insisted I fill out a form before we drove away...questions like "which hospital do you want to be taken to?" "Do you have insurance" :doh11:

Hidr, that is terrible :o

So nice to hear other women ride bikes- pillion or driver :D

Jen- how was the .........show????:nana