Turning Orange?

Twinkie

Sammy my red cap oranda used to be Pearle white now he has big patches of orange! and Some of his fins are turning orange too?

Is this normal?

It has been happening for around 6 months now.

Yep, totally normal. He'll probably be all orange when he's done. Nothing to worry about. Color changes have much to do with the fish's genetics -- it sounds like yours has genes that are telling him he should be orange. wink.gif

This thread has good info about color changing. It's primarily about black fish turning orange, but applies to all colors.

Yep, totally normal. He'll probably be all orange when he's done. Nothing to worry about. Color changes have much to do with the fish's genetics -- it sounds like yours has genes that are telling him he should be orange. wink.gif

This thread has good info about color changing. It's primarily about black fish turning orange, but applies to all colors.

OHH thank you!

I was worried I was doing something wrong :)

Yep...RD knows! It's completely normal, I've read where goldfish can change colors at least three different times. My black telescope Bojackie turned from totally black (in my avatar) to completely gold. WHAM!

:Congrats: your goldfish is totally normal.

-Dennis

I have a common who was white with a pretty red spot on his head. Then he turned completely white, now that I finally got used to him like that it looks as though he is starting to color up he almost looks peachy now. :rolleyes:

I should post some pictures :)

Indeed you should!

I imagine he's doing exactly what my Chubbs is doing.

july30003.jpg

july30017.jpg

This has been a very slow process. As compared to my black moor, now gold demekin, Apollo. Who literally went from all black, to all orange/gold within two months.

Edited by Locke

I should post some pictures :)

Indeed you should!

I imagine he's doing exactly what my Chubbs is doing.

july30003.jpg

july30017.jpg

This has been a very slow process. As compared to my black moor, now gold demekin, Apollo. Who literally went from all black, to all orange/gold within two months.

Thats EXACTLY whats sammy is doing!