My New Tank!

How about 10 male guppies. Don't get them all at once. Just 2 or 3 at a time. Or some neon/cardnal tetras. Or how about some of those cool glowfish.

Oh and it is just me and you may not agree. But think a few of the ornamants need to be removed. And add more then just one more plant. Maybe 5 or 6 they don't have to all be different can be just more of what you have. And since it is tropical I would add a soil/gravel substrate for the plants and it will cycle the tank in a couple days.

Or you could use some pots for your plants. What is the plant on the left? Thinking it is one of those ribbon plants and that wont last long it is a bog plant not a tank plant if that is what it is.

Off to a good start. LOVE the background. What is that?

If you remove the plants it well look just as great. Maybe the rock thing and the thinking guy. Leave the rest.

JMO

I like guppies, they can be very fun to watch. My favorite store had some very pretty tetras and some very tiny, very vibrant blue fish, can't remember what kind. I don't think we can get glowfish in Canada, not sure. Could I do 4 or 5 guppies and 4 or 5 tetras?

I like guppies, they can be very fun to watch. My favorite store had some very pretty tetras and some very tiny, very vibrant blue fish, can't remember what kind. I don't think we can get glowfish in Canada, not sure. Could I do 4 or 5 guppies and 4 or 5 tetras?

You could but tetras are schooling (sp) fish so need at least 6 so how about four guppies and six tetras and find out what the blues are and research them before you get them. They might be tiny now but may grow up to be monsters. lol

Thanks Shellbell and Stakos! Hidr, I took out the large rock and put in a smaller one, might get rid of it once there are more plants. Do you think the little vases will be okay, or will they be more trouble than they're worth? The plant that's in there right now is fake, the background is shelf liner. I was thinking I might like some gravel, so I'll pick some up today. I'm going to call a few shops today to see what's available locally for live plants, too. I'll keep you posted :)

I like the lilttle vaces. Only time well tell if they are an issue.

You can do just gravel. I have done that with plants but then you might want to add some plant tabs to it or something like that and over feed the fish some so the plants have something to help them grow. Mulm is a good thing in a planted tank.

Apparently, live aquarium plants are hard to get in the Canadian prairies, lol! All 3 stores said the same thing: their suppliers rarely have good ones available, so carry them very rarely, when good ones pop up. Had to settle for some silk ones for now. Picked up some sand (thought I'd give that a try), a heater and thermometer. The little blue fish were cardinal tetras, so I think I might start with a school of them. Wondering if I could have 2 or 3 mollies or platys with them?

Here's another tank shot. I took out the rock formation, plastic plant and 1 vase; added a thin layer of sand and 3 silk plants. I'm quite in love with it, can't wait for fishies :D

005.jpg

Might be going shopping tomorrow. I did water changes on my goldie tanks and put some of the dirty water into the new tank to keep the cycle going and added a little fresh with water conditioner. I did the same when I filled it the first time, so the water readings have stayed the same as in the big tanks. And it is heated to 78, ready for some new... oh I still can't decide :rofl

Thanks! I like the marbles for a little bling :) Hidr has some lovely small tanks, so I knew she would have good advice; I like it better with less decor, and more plants, just wish I could get some real greenery.

Looks great now!! Well....would look SO much better without those two pots....hhhmmmm I will be glad to "store" them for you. Let me supply you with the address where I "store things"!! :rofl