Update And New Tank News :d

dogsbykat

I apologize for disappearing since my big move. It's been a crazy couple of months :rolleyes: Hubby and I have gotten into a good routine and are seeing lots of each other, the dogs have settled in nicely and have become old pros at car rides, the fish are doing great and maintenance has been a breeze with the water at the new place :D My job, however, turned out to be a disaster; I went back to my old salon, but under new management, it is NOT the same old salon. I started feeling down again; sleeping more, doing less (ugh!) so yesterday, I quit. I had heard a lot of bad things from current and past staff about management, so it's not a big surprise and I feel quite relieved to be out of there, though I will miss a few of the people I worked with so briefly. Now my job search begins again on Tues, after the long weekend. Wish me luck :D

And what better way to get over a bad experience, than to set up a new tank :rofl I finally got my 2 small spare tanks moved to get ready to sell, and I decided to set up the 15 gal with a few small tropicals (big surprise that I can't get rid of spare tanks!). I'm building my stand right now (well, after my Koko's break, of course) and will be filling the tank tonight. Since I'm stealing media from my goldie tanks, it should be ready to go in no time; they have a very good cycle (not even a slight bump after the move!). Any opinions on stocking my tank are greatly appreciated; I'll post pics of the tank tomorrow.

And, oh yeah, I've MISSED you guys :heart:heart:heart

I am so glad you are back! Sounds like you did the right thing quitting that job. Sorry, if this is too personal, but I am looking at a long-distance job and would love the advice, but feel free to ignore my questions. How far are you and your hubby? How often do you get to see eachother? The job I am looking at is a bit over 400 miles away, so it is a bit scary to contemplate. But I would love love love the job.

We're only 50 miles apart; at the beginning we only saw each other every other weekend, and that was hard, but now we see each every weekend, and sometimes one night mid week. So far, things are going well; feels like we're dating again and we appreciate our time together, so we're having more fun again :) We are constantly talking and texting, too. My hubby works with a lot of guys that only get home every 4-6 weeks, and they seem to make it work. 400 miles is far, but if you're both willing, you could have a lot of meet-in-the-middle romantic weekends; 200 miles each doesn't seem as bad. It is definitely something you have to think of from every angle as a couple, though, and still expect the unexpected to come up! I knew we'd miss each other, especially at first, but we both had a few moments where we broke down, and it felt like it actually hurt not to see each other, very lonely, but we talked through them and cleared our view of the bigger picture again.

Here where I live if you can get a job you don't quit it. My sister was out of work 3 years. Hubby is having trouble finding enough work to keep us going (he has been self emplyed as a painter for 8 years) and making less money just to keep us afloat.

All I got to say is good thing my Dad is able to help us out. Hubby hates depending on him. He is getting more and more depressed but there is just not any work. He is doing anything and everything but his career choice and hating it but still doing it and not quitting.

I am so proud of him.

I have also been looking for a second part time job or a full time split shift job. (Cause of my health I have to nap in the afternoons or can't make it threw the day.) I would take a job I hate any day.

Sure hope you are able to find work soon.

Good luck. My prayers are with you that you can keep going till you do find that new job.

Thanks, Hidr. Sorry to hear things are so rough in your area, never a good situation when you want to work and there's none to be had. I'm fortunate that there is a need for licensed stylists here, so I should be able to find something quickly. I'm also looking at taking some basic computer classes; time to open some new doors.

Computer classes are a great idea. Had my sister been willing to relocate there was several great job offers she got with her ablities to work on computers.

That does help me...thanks so much! It is really far, but such a cool place to work. It doesn't hurt to go through the interview and decide from there. It sounds like things are working wonderfully for you.

Heidi, my in-laws are in the same general area as you and they are really struggling, too. My father in law is in home repair and it is so slow right now. I totally get how hard it is. I'm sure it means so much to your hubby that you are proud of him and stand behing him.