What Is Wrong With People?!

lwebe10

So I love and hate youtube...love the people with beautiful fish an love to watch an see how people set up their tanks as if I didnt get enough watching all of mine. But then you run across ones like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CYqpwFCsn4 lets not even discuss the over stocking but WRITING WITH MARKER ON A FISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree, that's horrible. :( But are you sure the owner of those fish did that? I think they can actually be purchased that way. They do that type of tattooing on balloon mollies and other types of fish too. It's sad.

tattoofish.jpg

it looks like crude children crayon drawing on them...if it was I would love to hunt down the person who does this for work and tattoo them with some long needles!!! And this chick an her BF for buying them an supporting something like this

ok so did any of you comment on it? I don't have a youtube account but I can't believe it has such positive reviews! :madrant I'm NOT suggesting flooding the comments w/ negativity, I'm just asking b/c there are two newer comments on there (4hrs old).

I hope I don't get flamed for this. At first I thought tattooing fish was OK* until I researched it more.

* The reason I thought tattooing fish was OK was because cats, horses, dogs, people and other animals are tatooed.

ok so did any of you comment on it? I don't have a youtube account but I can't believe it has such positive reviews! :madrant I'm NOT suggesting flooding the comments w/ negativity, I'm just asking b/c there are two newer comments on there (4hrs old).

Ya, I just posted this.

Too many fish, in too small of a tank.

And whoever drew, or tattooed those fish, should be kicked in the teeth.

I hope I don't get flamed for this. At first I thought tattooing fish was OK* until I researched it more.

* The reason I thought tattooing fish was OK was because cats, horses, dogs, people and other animals are tatooed.

I could see why you would think that, not being shown this kind of footage before. but w/ cats, dogs, horses, cattle, etc, their tattoos are not for decoration purposes like in us humans. also, these animals are HUGE in comparison to the fish. and I know that the fish's scales are pretty tough, so when these ppl are tattooing the fish w/ these tacky designs it has 2b REALLY painful for them.

I just want 2 say that this is a topic that can get heated really quickly and threads have been closed before, so even though I know most (if not all of us) agree that this is despicable we should keep level heads.

About a year ago, in the UK, there was lots of talk about making certain breeds of goldfish illegal (such as the bubble eye) because it was cruel, but the same rport that had prompted these political debates said that tattooing a goldfish was ok. Weird right?

When it comes down to it, after a lot of thought on the matter I'd say that tattoing a fish, and therefore any animal, against its will is wrong. Not to mention tacky. Those fish looked rubbish!

I've seen where quite a few come from Hong Kong where it's very popular. The slime coat is stripped before the tattoo is administered. I just don't think it's a very smart thing to do to fish...I'm not for it.

-Dennis

It never occured to me that people would tatoo goldfish. I have tatoos and I can tell you that they don't feel that great to get. I can't imagine how a fish feels.

Those fish are super pretty, too (if you can overlook the tatoos). Especially that chubby faced ranchu. So sad.

• Supporter

i'd like to tattoo some of the artists!! not the way they're doing it.. but the good old fashioned branding way with the hot iron.. a pretty nice "REJECT" branding on their forhead would look smashing.. don't you think? :exactly