Temp?

Goldfish natively live in ponds, and other slow or still moving bodies of water in depths up to 20 m (65 ft). Their native climate is subtropical and they live in freshwater with a 6.0?8.0 pH, a water hardness of 5.0?19.0 dGH, and a temperature range of 40 to 106 ?F (4 to 41 ?C) although they will not survive long at the higher temperatures. They are considered ill-suited even to live in a heated tropical fish tank, as they are used to the greater amount of oxygen in unheated tanks.

While it is true that goldfish can survive in a fairly wide temperature range, the optimal range for indoor fish is 68 to 75 ?F (20 to 23 ?C).

-Dennis

I tend to go a bit warmer than some others -- I keep my tank at 76-77 degrees. I've just found that my fish are more active and have fewer health problems with a slightly higher temp.

I keep mine a little warmer too. About 76-78. I have three males and one female and the higher temp keeps them from chasing her all over the tank.

Goldfish natively live in ponds, and other slow or still moving bodies of water in depths up to 20 m (65 ft). Their native climate is subtropical and they live in freshwater with a 6.0?8.0 pH, a water hardness of 5.0?19.0 dGH, and a temperature range of 40 to 106 ?F (4 to 41 ?C) although they will not survive long at the higher temperatures. They are considered ill-suited even to live in a heated tropical fish tank, as they are used to the greater amount of oxygen in unheated tanks.

While it is true that goldfish can survive in a fairly wide temperature range, the optimal range for indoor fish is 68 to 75 ?F (20 to 23 ?C).

-Dennis

:goodpost I feel smarter now! XD

• 2 weeks later...

<----- Tropical climate so the water in summer usually sites at 25 degrees, without airconditioning, and in winter at about 22-23 degrees. Although I must say my fish have no problems with temperature, they don't care haha.

Good info though :D