Little Asia

Now that I've gotten the water cleaned up after last week's fiasco, I decided to take a video of their tank in progress. I would like to add a big pagoda in the future and hopefully seal it up. Please excuse Alfred's wen growth in the video :o I think Ludwig's gotten a little bigger, they've really made a turn around with the nice clean water. Alfred's tail is still a tad bit frayed but it's healed up quite nicely with the salt and heat.

Hmmm I do need a new background, I trashed the old one. What do you all think about a new background? Any ideas?

Edited by Tay

@Kukana Thank you so much! This was made possible through your help and guidance. You really saved me with the salt :D It worked wonders on their fins I can finally see them again! Thank you so much :heart

@Fishies I would love to do that asian mountain scene. I'd just ahve to find enough paper for a 55 gallon. I wonder if they have customizeable backgrounds. Hmmm

[quote name='Tay' date='27 July 2010 - 11:37 PM' timestamp='1280291856' post='962760'

@Fishies I would love to do that asian mountain scene. I'd just ahve to find enough paper for a 55 gallon. I wonder if they have customizeable backgrounds. Hmmm

I bet, if you found a print you liked, Kinkos or some other paper store could rig it up to your size specs.

Or maybe just google some prints and see if any place is selling a poster big enough.

Hokusai did a TON of spiffy prints and is iconic enough to have them splattered across the walls of college dorms everywhere.

Come to think of it, you could probably find a website selling dorm room posters. Or a website selling customizable posters.

EDIT: I tried to quote Tay, but it's showing my text as opposed to her's. What gives?

Edited by Iheartfishies1172

I bet, if you found a print you liked, Kinkos or some other paper store could rig it up to your size specs.

Or maybe just google some prints and see if any place is selling a poster big enough.

Hokusai did a TON of spiffy prints and is iconic enough to have them splattered across the walls of college dorms everywhere.

Come to think of it, you could probably find a website selling dorm room posters. Or a website selling customizable posters.

EDIT: I tried to quote Tay, but it's showing my text as opposed to her's. What gives?

Hey that's a good idea! :D I'll have to look into that Thank you!

Thank you everyone for the wonderful and sweet comments. I think that 100% water change really did the trick for them. It's still clear today. I hope it stays that way for a long time :D. Oooh the black also sounds like a good idea.

I love your fish! So healthy. I have seen asian tanks that look great with a dark red/burgendy background.

Oooh it would match with my room. That sounds good :D Thank you! :heart

Tay I can't believe how good your fish look already. What an incredible job you did with them. :heart And I love your tank, I agree with Amy a nice dark red background would look stunning.

If you wanted something besides a solid, you could find a nice print of a Japanese watercolor you liked... maybe a landscape or seascape, and laminate it, I bet that'd look awesome too.