Tail Shape?

Locke

I'm just wondering if anyone else has seen natural tail shaping like this?

MaulBubbles143.jpg

I'm just trying to figure out if this is a naturally occurring shape for a tail.

neat its got like 3 points on each side? Doesnt look like it was trimmed that way I mean it doesnt look damaged in anyway. Are both sides nice an even like that? Very pretty fish!

neat its got like 3 points on each side? Doesnt look like it was trimmed that way I mean it doesnt look damaged in anyway. Are both sides nice an even like that? Very pretty fish!

Yes, it's 3 points per fin. Good way to describe it!

Sorry mods, you can merge this with my other thread. I'm just so curious about this. I've also emailed some breeders, to see if I can get an informed answer.

Oh Lord,please tell me people trim gf tails :please

Oh Lord,please tell me people trim gf tails :please

D: you like the idea of trimming tails...or did you leave out a "don't"?

I'm just wondering if anyone else has seen natural tail shaping like this?

MaulBubbles143.jpg

I'm just trying to figure out if this is a naturally occurring shape for a tail.

Beautiful fish, doesn't show any evidence of any recent pruning but have to do a CSI to be sure. rofl3.gif Btw I hate to see people harm their pets just for cosmetic reason. How would they like if someone snip at their dodo?

90.gif

Do goldfish actually have nerves and feel pain in their fins? I know they have blood vessels, but nerves?

I'm sure they can feel when you touch a fin. Because they do not like it. It is often the only way to get them out of my way when I'm cleaning the tank.

How much they can feel pain in their fins I have no idea. I think it is less sensitive than their body. But when Fred lost a big part of his tail. He was a bit of the first day. Like it was a bit sore, but not much.

So, selective breeding of potentialy harmful traits is ok but fin trimming isn't? Interesting where people draw the line.

that's comparing apples with oranges. when you are breeding fish you aren't physically manipulating their bodies like you would by trimming their fins. I think it's also quite sad that we compromise the health of a fish for it's aesthetics. just look at tikus, they are such a mess internally but are also very popular. domesticated animals have always been breed for our sakes either to make them faster, stronger, fatter, or more attractive. it's like all the various dog breeds out there, we want them to fit a certain standard. large dogs have major problems with hip displasia but people continue to own them because they like that breed. tail trimming goes along with cropping ears in my book. it's unnecessary pain we're inflicting on them and it's not the same as spawning even though both have their hazards.

So, selective breeding of potentialy harmful traits is ok but fin trimming isn't? Interesting where people draw the line.

that's comparing apples with oranges. when you are breeding fish you aren't physically manipulating their bodies like you would by trimming their fins. I think it's also quite sad that we compromise the health of a fish for it's aesthetics. just look at tikus, they are such a mess internally but are also very popular. domesticated animals have always been breed for our sakes either to make them faster, stronger, fatter, or more attractive. it's like all the various dog breeds out there, we want them to fit a certain standard. large dogs have major problems with hip displasia but people continue to own them because they like that breed. tail trimming goes along with cropping ears in my book. it's unnecessary pain we're inflicting on them and it's not the same as spawning even though both have their hazards.

Oh, I wasn't saying i was in favour of one or the other. Just found it interesting.