What Day Do You Do Your Water Change?

Friday night for me....once I get home from work and get my office work done, I'll test for nitrite/ammonia first, then change water in my three tanks, then finish up any other testing that I need to do afterwards. I also spot check my filters and clean one once a week when I see it's necessary. Nice to get the water changes done Friday, then I pretty much have the weekend open for other stuff.

-Dennis

I usually do mine on Saturday morning. It's me in my big ole tee shirt & comfy shorts.....I start the cleaning & siphoning, probably takes me about an hour to complete the three tanks. Then I take my shower & I am all ready for the weekend. I just can't enjoy my tanks til I know the cleaning is out of the way!

Edited by Jeana727

I do all 5 freshwater tanks and 3 betta bowls on thursday night. And the two saltwater tanks on the friday night. I like to start my weekend with clean tanks. :mytank1:

Usually Mon Wed an Sat I have well water an my big mama Oranda is still recovering from the horrible conditions she was being kept in so I try an keep my water Crystal CLEAR...which could be why they been dropping eggs so much but I already have a 75 gallon growing babies so I havnt been saving them =/

Im kind of paranoid about NOT having a set day :). If I set say "Sundays" then I feel this stress and pressure to do it Sundays. Thats the way I am. I cant do the dog walk at a set time either.

I love having the freedom to just do water changes when I feel like it and to be flexible about everything. So I will do water changes sometimes every second day, sometimes once a week, sometimes one tank, sometimes all tanks...but I always have done one water change in each tank every week at some point :bingo:

Once a week on Saturday morning, I do the goldfish tank and the oscar tant. My planted tanks I do every 2 to 3 weeks also on Saturday unless I feel they need one sooner.

Takes me about an hour and a half to do all five tanks.

I also sometimes do extra's on the goldfish tank on Wed. Just depends on what the test read or how dirty the tank looks to me.

I always do it in daylight else my smallest commet is almost impossible to see.

I ussually do the waterchange on Saterday morning. So that I can clean the house afterwards, then take a shower. And the rest of the weekend is free :D

I usually do Tuesdays -- I'm honestly not sure why. That's just the day it ended up being. Once in a while I don't get around to the water change till Wednesday or Thursday, though.

Right now mine are on Monday, first thing in the morning (after breakfast, of course). That way my fishes have time to "chill" in the new water without my cat trying to "watch tv" them to death, rofl. He has better things to do on Monday morning for some reason... though I have yet to figure out WHY he does them on Monday instead of some other random day, hehe ;)

Water change days are Sundays, or Monday, Wednesday or Friday evenings. I have a habit of saving them for late night, it's soothing. If I'm worried about something being wrong, I squeeze them in before going out.

I have to do water changes every day it seems. Tonight is the 55 goldie tank, two betta tanks (a 20 + 10) and a fry tank. Tomorrow is the 55 angel tank and fry tank. I'll put the rest off until Wednesday and start it all over again. I would have gone crazy by now without my python.

Usually Wednesdays and Saturdays for the twin tanks (2, 20 gallon high goldfish tanks)But really no set day more like every third day...But right now it's every other day because of the darn cycle bump :(

The Betta's tanks usually get taken care of Sunday mornings :) I have no life right now do to neck and back problems,so it really doesn't matter what day it gets done, as long as they look clean to the eye (no poops on the bottom of the tanks)

Hubby thinks I clean my Tanks To Much...I keep telling him there is no to clean for goldfish ;) (LOL)