Goldfish Food-Sinking Pellets

blackteles

I'm using Omega One Medium Pellets right now which contain 33% protein. I do like the Omega One as they sink right to the bottom and my teles don't linger at the top any longer. I've used a few other types of pellets but they don't sink quickly enough and are much smaller than the medium pellets that I'm using now. I'm steering away from any type of flake foods but wanted to see what types of pellets that you would recommend.

-Dennis

Pro-Gold all the way. :)

I think it's fabulous, it has 40% protein, I believe, and is made with wholesome ingredients. No preservatives, dyes, or artificial flavors. :exactly You can check it out/purchase it at www.goldfishconnection.com.

I also agree on Progold, the fish swarm for it like crazy! You can also get them in the small size or the larger size. :D They work wonders for your fish.

I used Pro Gold for a while then recently switched to the Hikari Saki.. I love the small pellets and my fish seem to love them as well. The size was one of the main reasons I switched.. The bigger fish don't seem to care that the pellets are tiny, but its really nice for the smaller fish I find. Another reason I switched was just because i heard such rave reviews from other people. Not because I had any problems with Pro Gold or didn't like it or anything like that.

I have yet to find a sinking food that will NOT make some of my fish float but I am pretty sure that is not because of the quality of food, but because some of my fish have issues resulting from the tapeworms! (GRR! BAD TAPEWORMS! BAD! lol)

I will say that since feeding the Hikari some of the fish that were MORE floaty are LESS floaty, but I do still have those certain fish that seem to flip or float no matter WHAT they are fed (even peas, gel food, etc).

It's weird. I have HORRIBLE luck with Spirulina Flakes..

I ordered my first pack of them to help with some minor floaties, and it seemed like they only made things worse, even though spirulina flakes are supposed to be helpful..

Then I gave em up for a while. Tried again. Same thing happened..

I think I tried 3 seperate times using the GFC spirulina because I was DETERMINED and all attempts resulted in fish that normally DON"T float, floating! It was so discouraging for me because sooo many other people love em!

But... a few weeks ago I ordered from Dr. Foster and they enclosed a free sample of Spirulina Brine Shrimp. I tried it twice and knock on wood, no floaties!!! So I maaaay have found an option! :)