Best Food For Nerites?

So I currently have four nerites, three are zebra and one is a olive (although I've only seen three out at the same time, the big one likes to hide in the cocohut) I currently dont have any green algae for them to eat :[ So I'm wondering what the best supplement would be? I never liked snails until I got these little guys and I've become quite attached seeing their cute little mouths on the tank walls.

20100725-010804.jpg

My snails thank you ahead of time c:

You can feed them algae wafers and wafers high in vegetable contents, some will eat zucchini or cucumber slices. Occasionally Nori (seaweed) wrapped around rocks placed near the glass are good for supplemental feedings if insufficient food source is unavailable. :)

You can feed them algae wafers and wafers high in vegetable contents, some will eat zucchini or cucumber slices. Occasionally Nori (seaweed) wrapped around rocks placed near the glass are good for supplemental feedings if insufficient food source is unavailable. :)

I never thought to use Nori! That sounds like a great idea seeing as they can be marine snails. I'll def have to give that a try. :heart

• 2 weeks later...

The trouble with nerites is they are extremely picky. Pea flavored gel food doesn't hurt either. To culture green algae, grab a bucket of old tank water, put a pinch of fish food inside it, aerate it and place under sunlight. Add some small stones. In a few days, you should be able to grow algae there. Alternately use them to avoid running out of algae supply.