Filter

I've got a 60L fishtank and I'm using a Trio 2000 filter. But every time I go to clean the fishtank out, I always find after a bit the fan stops spinning in it.

Is this because it's not made for a 60L tank?

Also, what filter should I buy to replace?

Thanks

Paul

Hi Paul,

I've read a few reviews on this type of filter and I've also seen where some people have complained of the same problem with the impeller. Usually it's a good idea to remove the impeller/fan assembly once a month and rinse it out in a bucket of used tank water to keep any buildup from affecting performance.

The Trio 2000 is capable of handling up to a 75L tank. (15.85 gal)

I personally use and would recommend the AquaClear filters made by Hagen. I have five of them and I'm sold on AquaClear.

-Dennis

Thank you. I've just had a look at the AquaClear filters and they look well good, never seen any that sit on outside of tank before.

Witch model will I need for a 60L thank?

Thanks

Paul

Thank you. I've just had a look at the AquaClear filters and they look well good, never seen any that sit on outside of tank before.

Thanks

Paul

Paul,

For goldfish you'll need 10x filtration which would be the AquaClear 30 model, which would filter 150 gph. Being a 15 gallon (60 liter) tank you'd only be able to keep one goldfish in the tank, so I would recommend moving up to a larger tank. The AquaClear filters are the hang on back (HOB) type and they do great!

Here's a link to a specification and instruction manual for your review.

-Dennis

Hagen AquaClear Info

Thanks

Paul

Paul,

For goldfish you'll need 10x filtration which would be the AquaClear 30 model, which would filter 150 gph. Being a 15 gallon (60 liter) tank you'd only be able to keep one goldfish in the tank, so I would recommend moving up to a larger tank. The AquaClear filters are the hang on back (HOB) type and they do great!

Here's a link to a specification and instruction manual for your review.

-Dennis

Hagen AquaClear Info

Thanks.

Could I not just buy the Aqua Clear 70 witch would be more gph?

Sorry, don't get how all the filters work when it comes to fish tanks.

• Admin

Gallons Per Hour, so this would be how many times the water in your tank would go through the filter. You could get the bigger on but there is a problem, you would push your fish all over the place.

i would go with either the 30 or 50 at most anything bigger than that would cause to much of a current :(

I agree w/ Koko. One thing I've learned is that the bigger the ghp the stronger the current. so even though it seems strange to have 2 or 3 filters on your tank your fish will be happier and less stressed.

Oh I see, well I'll stick to the first one then. I'm going to be upgrading the tank to about 120L when I get my new desk In my room. But until then as to stay the same.

Thanks

Paul.