Hello

Guest tigerone63

Guest tigerone63

Hello. I am a twenty year veteran fish keeper. I have had a few goldfish and others over the years. Sadly, I lost my precious Madame Ming last night. She was a beautiful but massive Fantail. She was between ten and fourteen years of age. At the moment that leaves me with one beta named Tiny (he lives by himself in a lovely two gallon hex tank) and a five gallon Eclipse hex which has three zebra striped danios and two red glowfish.

I plan on stripping her tank this weekend, getting some new stuff for it and begin the process of cycling the new tank. Once cycled, I will select one or maybe two goldies (Ming's tank is a twenty gallon high). I can't even think of getting another goldie right now.

I've heard of this site before but never got around to checking it out. It's a great resource.

Tiger.

Hi there! Welcome to Koko's!

I'm sorry you lost your fantail.

I think two goldies would be perfect for your twenty gallon tank when you are ready for them.

It takes time, but the goldfish bug will bite you again!

A trip to the photo section might speed your infection up, I know I can hardly resist temptation when viewing pictures of all the cuties here!

Hello and welcome Tiger, it's great to have you here! I'm very sorry about your fantail Madame Ming. 14 years for a fantail is very good though, I'm sure she was well cared for and happy.

Hello Tiger,

Sorry to hear about your fantail but very glad to hear that you're going to restart/recycle your tank. You've come to the right place!

Welcome aboard! :hi

-Dennis

• Supporter

welcome to koko's tiger.. we're happy to have your here.. madame ming sounds like she's given you many years of joy, all thanks to the well keeping of her loving fish mummy.

Sorry you lost your dear goldie. You must be quite a good fishkeeper to have kept her for as long as you did. Good luck in your future endeavors and welcome to Koko's.

Welcome to Kokos :) I'm so sorry about Madame Ming, you sound like a wonderful owner and later on a new fish will be happy to have you as their mommy.

:welcome Sorry about Madame Ming. You were obviously taking very good care of her since she lived so long. When the time is right for you, you will make some new goldies very happy by adopting them. :)

:welcome

sorry you lost your fish! i am sure I speak on behalf of everyone - we would LOVE to see pics of her if you have any! 14 years is quite an accomplishment!!! :hi5

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, but glad that you found us. :)

:rip: Madame Ming

• Admin

Im sorry about your fish.... We all know what its like to loose a friend like that hun.... I lost my 9 year old goldfish about 3 years ago and it still hurts:(

but welcome to a very fun and friendly site :)

Guest tigerone63

Thank you so much for all the thoughts. I am sitting here with tears in my eyes...soon they will be tears of joy as I have taken down her tank, given her a beautiful burial/memorial in our yard and today I will go out and pick up some new things for the new babies! I didn't know how to take proper fish pics but I think I might have one or two. Will post when I can find them.

Thanks again!

Tiger