Prime Water Conditioner...

I bought Prime today, on the recommendation of some people off of this forum. Not using it yet, as my tank is cycling, but after the point when my tank is cycling..

How much do I add for a 10 gallon tank?

I mean, I'd only want to add enough for partial water changes (like 25% of the water on a weekly basis), but the bottle only says 1 capful for every 50 gallons of water.

So... yeah, how much do I add?

Use 1 capful (5 mL) for each 200 L (50 gallons*) of new water. This removes approximately 1 mg/L ammonia, 4 mg/L chloramine, or 5 mg/L chlorine. For smaller doses, please note each cap thread is approx. 1 mL. May be added to aquarium directly, but better if added to new water first. If adding directly to aquarium, base dose on aquarium volume. Sulfur odor is normal. For exceptionally high chloramine concentrations, a double dose may be used safely. To detoxify nitrite in an emergency, up to 5 times normal dose may be used. If temperature is > 30 ?C (86 ?F) and chlorine or ammonia levels are low, use a half dose.

Therefore it would be 1/5 capful for 10 gallons of water. If you're only doing 25% water changes then a few drops per gallon would suffice without harming the fish. I used Prime during the time when my tanks were cycling to control ammonia levels and chloramines. In my opinion Prime is beneficial in helping your tank cycle by reducing ammonia levels in your tank.

Hope that helps...

-Dennis