Another New Fish!

whitner

I've always wanted a pretty calico ryukin. I'm very picky about the coloring, however; can't have too much orange but lots of white and/or black. The little fantail/oranda my brother got for me last week is pretty well-balanced in color. Well, yesterday my brother, knowing that I've wanted a calico ryukin saw one at a fish store in our neighboring city. They had lots of 2.5 inchers, but he decided to get me one that was a bit bigger. He sent me a pic of it and I immediately told him to get it. Apparently it had been surrendered along with another ryukin that wasn't as pretty and a common.

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll303/s0c0f0b/utf-8BSU1HMDA2NTkuanBn.jpg

The tail is almost completely black. It's got a little orange and white in it. The dorsal fin is nicely shaped and erect and the hump is starting to develop. It's almost 5 inches long from nose to tip of tail and I'm thinking it's a girl. I see no breeding stars. He/she's in qt right now alongside the little fantail/oranda (whatever it is) and they pretty much stick next to each other. Lol. They're buddies.

Wow what a beautiful fish! I love the coloration and the fins are so big and pretty! I like it when calicos have white areas with that subtle blue coloring showing from underneath :heart

Thanks! I think it's a girl, so I've decided to name her Belle. :). Still no name for the other calico, yet...

Edited by whitner