]Test Results for the Following:

[*]Ammonia Level? .25

[*]Nitrite Level? 0

[*]Nitrate level? UNDER 5

[*]Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)? 7.6

[*]Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)? 7.4

[*]Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? API drops

[*]Water temperature? 18 degrees

[*]Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 40 gallons 3 years

[*]What is the name and size of the filter(s)? 2 filters internal and external

[*]How often do you change the water and how much? weekly, 40%

[*]How many fish in the tank and their size? 1 goldfish

[*]What kind of water additives or conditioners? Stress coat

[*]What do you feed your fish and how often? flakes, peas, frozen bloodworm fed once a day

[*]Any new fish added to the tank? no

[*]Any medications added to the tank? no

[*]Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? blood streaks in tail fin

[*]Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? a little quiet

Hi,

Over the weekend my aquarium crashed slightly not sure why, think my main pump may have stopped working for 2 days. I have since fixed the pump but now have ammonia in the aquarium .25ppm - I am doing daily water changes and have added ammolock. I noticed this evening that my goldfish has blood streaks at the end of his tail fin. Could this be as a result of the ammonia? He is eating normally and is still active enough, maybe a little quiet.

What should I do? Would aquarium salt help? The ammonia isn't rising above .25ppm.

[*]Ammonia Level? .25

[*]Nitrite Level? 0

[*]Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 40 gallons 3 years

[*]What do you feed your fish and how often? flakes, peas, frozen bloodworm fed once a day

[*]Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? blood streaks in tail fin

[*]Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? a little quiet

Hi,

Over the weekend my aquarium crashed slightly not sure why, think my main pump may have stopped working for 2 days. I have since fixed the pump but now have ammonia in the aquarium .25ppm - I am doing daily water changes and have added ammolock. I noticed this evening that my goldfish has blood streaks at the end of his tail fin. Could this be as a result of the ammonia? He is eating normally and is still active enough, maybe a little quiet.

What should I do? Would aquarium salt help? The ammonia isn't rising above .25ppm.

[*]Ammonia Level? .25

[*]Nitrite Level? 0

Hi,

I hope your friend starts to feel better asap!!In the meantime I would def continue the daily w/c's until the ammonia is back down to 0 :) Also if you have gravel or a hallow ornament it could be harboring some baddies also :) I myself prefer bare bottom tanks for this reason :) hang in there till a mod stops by as I am not an expert in anyway but I think your off to a good start :)

• Admin

Reason i ask this hun as stated before, To much gravel in there will harbor bad bugs. Have you been doing a gravel siphon with every water change?

I would do a daily water change of 20% then let's see where the ammonia is and how the fish is doing in a few days... if the fish gets worse please let us know hun :)

Reason i ask this hun as stated before, To much gravel in there will harbor bad bugs. Have you been doing a gravel siphon with every water change?

I would do a daily water change of 20% then let's see where the ammonia is and how the fish is doing in a few days... if the fish gets worse please let us know hun :)

Hi Koko,

Yes I siphon the gravel with every water change and I only have a bear film of gravel on the bottom of the aquarium. I will continue with daily water changes and will keep you posted.