Addie's Antics

He doesn't seem to mind, he eats well and he never clamps his fins, he rests quite a lot though, it must be tiring being as spinny as he is sometimes. He still gets excited to see me in the mornings, I'm just hoping his tail grows soon...

• Supporter

it just looks like he needs to :fart like badly.. are you sure it's not wind related? (as funny as it sounds)

oh.. and i'm glad you have a man that doesn't understand to keep quiet when the video's recording too! :P

Woops I usually try to keep things silent when I'm filming anything, Stu was in the kitchen about to start making dinner and was trying to entice me to eat something. Fortunately I appear to have turned the camera off before he gave me three other options and I got a bit miffed and yelled 'I'm NOT HUNGRY' down the stairs...too much chocolate :(

Stu has said sometimes that when Addie poops he has this odd urge to squeeze him so it all comes out...I know what he means! He does poop but I don't often see it which I'm taking to mean that they're short, healthy and get sucked up by the filter pretty quickly. I saw some when we had the bowl in there 2 days ago and they looked healthy enough and he eats well. I think it's related to his fins and tail, his anal fins are off to one side slightly and for some reason one of them's only half the length of the other, his tail swings off to one side all the time, is very very spread out and very short. He gets around mainly by his front fins. I have to hold him the right way up to eat sometimes. I don't think this is related to trapped gas because although he has buoyancy issues, he's not actually floaty at all, he can get anywhere in the tank but prefers the bottom. He just can't steer.

Oh my Gosh he's too cute ;) Is this a common thing with Pearlie's? I would be worried all the time if my fish were doing this,but i guess it's just the way it's body is shaped,and it does look like he's getting caught in some kind of current there for a bit :( poor little roly poly

Oh my, this is pretty much why I stay away from purchasing pearlies :(

I would feel so terrible for him, even though he seems to be spunky and all.

It seems you have a regular power filter in there? Perhaps you should put a sponge filter in his tank instead, he does seem to get caught in some kind of current.

That's actually the canister off my main tank which is twice the size. He did have an internal sponge filter but the output was like a jet and he really couldn't take it. There's actually hardly any current in there, the output's a spraybar directed straight up and you can't see it but I've actually wedged sponge inside the pipe so the inlet's slowed right down, he was getting stuck to it. I have parts coming for a smaller canister that I'm going to swap in when they turn up.

• Supporter

Oh my... little Addie sure has a big belly. At least he looks like he's having a good time spinning around the tank... and he has such a good fishie mom to keep an eye on him :)

Awww Sarah, he's just too cute. :wub: I really think it must be a combination of his fins and the little round body. We really should get Bandit and Addie together it would make for an interesting tank. :yeah:

• Supporter

Awww Sarah, he's just too cute. :wub: I really think it must be a combination of his fins and the little round body. We really should get Bandit and Addie together it would make for an interesting tank. :yeah:

LOL edith.. i think you're onto something here!!