Blood Streaks On Tail?

I have an Oranda named Mouse who has had these blood streaks on her tail for months now. She's not in pain, eats well, moves fine, and my params are all fine. It could be veins, but I thought I might as well post and see if it's harmful.

+ I have a fish who is going through an internal infection for months, brought from the pet store. And some of his scales are coming off. He's definetly improving with salt, love, and activated carbon. But I was wondering if he will grow the scales back, and how long will it take. I really will love him pretty or not, I'm just curious.

• Admin

Is your ammonia 0 if so you could do a mild treatment of Primafix, it might be just fin irritation or a bacterial infection. But PrimaFix is mild enough to help heal the fish with out causing stress. :)

Some times scales will come back and some times not, depends on the fish its self hun :)

the carbon isn't going to do anything medical wise for your fish. carbon removes medicine from water as well so that is something to think about if you need to add meds later down the road. also, carbon really isn't that beneficial for the filter and needs to be removed every few weeks or it will start to leech out what substances from the tank it has been collecting.

I will see what I can do about getting and treating with Primafix, and I do change the carbon every couple of weeks. Thanks everyone!

+ Koko I just hope my fish pulls through ok!

I have an Oranda named Mouse who has had these blood streaks on her tail for months now. She's not in pain, eats well, moves fine, and my params are all fine. It could be veins, but I thought I might as well post and see if it's harmful

I'm inclined to think that it's just veins you're seeing in your oranda Mouse's tail Lindsay. She's a white fish, right? With white fish you can see very thin red veins if you look closely. If they look super thick or 'angry' then you might have an issue. But since she is acting normal and eating normal, it's probably just normal. Keep us posted if she starts to look worse at all.

Yes, she is white. Red Cap Oranda. They don't look "angry" just, there. She is fine.

I will try to post pictures later, right now my sisters parrot is on the chair behind me, and she hates me. So I'm afraid if I move, she'll attack my neck again. Sorry :rofl