Sprouting Those Little Bulbs...

Wendy

What is the best way to get those little bulbs to sprout? Should they be warm or cool or pitch black or get some real sunlight? I don't know what they are I got them in the Betta section.

• Supporter

What is the best way to get those little bulbs to sprout? Should they be warm or cool or pitch black or get some real sunlight? I don't know what they are I got them in the Betta section.

hi texana, i'm not sure about temps.. but i use an api plant fertalizer and it seems to work wonders for my plants. i saw substancial strength and regrowth in my plants within the first fortnight of having used it.. but, i also saw heaps of algae to which i had to buy api's algae fix to combat that. since using this, i've not seen even the slightest algae to grow..

I agree, keep the water clean and warm. I had duds in my package that I tried, only thing that sprouted was my waterlily. Mine had indirect sunlight, so I'm not sure if my conditions were correct. From what I've experienced and read, it's like a hit or miss on the bulbs. What do your bulbs look like?

I just drop them in the tank I want them in.

Last one I got never did grow so mailed it back. They sent me a 3 lily bulbs and a hand full of the other. All but one lily bulb took root. I have some in the 10 and one tiger lily in the 29 gallon.