What Type Of Goldfish Is My Pig ?

rymnd

This is 'Pig' who is a mother to a couple of fish in my pond that turned out like shubunkins cos they were mixed with a comet.

Pig is single tailed. She's very fat,especially when viewed from the top hence the name. :)

I'm not sure what type she is so any ideas please?

Thanks

2.png

DSC02928.jpg

3.png

She actually looks like a single-tailed fantail to me. Sometimes you get fry from fancy goldfish parents with only one tail, and I think that might be what you have here with those proportions...what size is she?

This looks like a Nymph. The shape of the nymph ias like that of the fantail or the veiltale but only has single anal and caudal fins unlike the double fins of the latter two strains. Like devilduck said, the nymph is usually found in among the offspring of a fantail of a veiltail. In breeding terms, this fish is known as a "recessive".

Edited by Pontosfan

Oh cool, never heard of the nymph goldfish term before.

She's approx. 5 inches from head to tail. Four times bigger than she was half a year ago.

I have a 20 gallon tank but I only house a 1 blackmoor and 1 blackmoor-turned orange now. I took the Pig to the pond outside.

Most of the fish in the photos were in the tank while I was doing maintenance work on the pond.

Thanks for the replies everyone :)

*The green-water pond days

aaaa.png