Dead Snail?

so my mystery snail has been sitting around for a day or so, and finally it came out, and its white, and it sounds like its dead. how can i know for sure? i am thinking that maybe there was not enough food for it, but am not sure... any ideas on what to feed them (vegetables,etc.)?

could i feed it to my goldfish? i was just thinking, if it was sick, would my goldfish get sick too as well then?

Sometimes the mystery snails will lie dormant for awhile. You'll know if it's dead by the smell. They smell disgusting if they're dead. If you pick it up and it doesn't close its trapdoor then it's probably, dead but a smell test will probably let you know.

You need to feed them calcium rich foods like cucumber nad lettuce, and putting in a piece of cuttlebone in the tank will help them with their shells with the calcium. Here's a list of foods that are good for the snails. http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/topic/26854-snail-food-list/

Sometimes the mystery snails will lie dormant for awhile. You'll know if it's dead by the smell. They smell disgusting if they're dead. If you pick it up and it doesn't close its trapdoor then it's probably, dead but a smell test will probably let you know.

You need to feed them calcium rich foods like cucumber nad lettuce, and putting in a piece of cuttlebone in the tank will help them with their shells with the calcium. Here's a list of foods that are good for the snails. http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/topic/26854-snail-food-list/

so if i were to put some food in there, how would i make sure that the snails get to it first?

so if i were to put some food in there, how would i make sure that the snails get to it first?

Stakos made a wonderful idea that can get a little separate tub for the snail and feed him in there. It can be a small one and you just put the food and the snail in there to feed and wait for it to finish pooping, because they poop A LOT. Once it's fed enough you can put it back in the goldie tank. That way you can ensure that it has been getting enough food for itself.

Stakos made a wonderful idea that can get a little separate tub for the snail and feed him in there. It can be a small one and you just put the food and the snail in there to feed and wait for it to finish pooping, because they poop A LOT. Once it's fed enough you can put it back in the goldie tank. That way you can ensure that it has been getting enough food for itself.

ahh thats a pain if I have to do that everytime... would I do that every day? and when would I know when it is done? is it like fish where it will eat itself do death?

so your snail hasn't passed? that's good news! :) snails need more care then one might think, have you browsed the snail part of the forum here? If you want to be certain that the snail is feeding try taking it out and feeding separately. You would know when it's done when the food is gone, but don't over feed him. Use the food list that Tay linked to earlier in this thread for food ideas.

so your snail hasn't passed? that's good news! :) snails need more care then one might think, have you browsed the snail part of the forum here? If you want to be certain that the snail is feeding try taking it out and feeding separately. You would know when it's done when the food is gone, but don't over feed him. Use the food list that Tay linked to earlier in this thread for food ideas.

it did pass, but I think i'll leave lettuce in the tamk, and when i do my monthly water changes, i will put him in the cup as usual, and feed just him with lettuce in there.