Today I Went To My Favorite Lfs And.....

Oh and Dennis, the small white telescope is still there :D

Ah c'mon Fang....you really need to get that white telescope for your tank...you've got enough room! ;)

I really think you like that telescope!

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do, but honestly I liked that white Oranda more. Not enough to squeeze him in with my fish though, I'm glad I got Sucky Fishie, Lulu and Speedy out their tank. LOL

If I knew how to ship fish, and if shipping was cheap, I swear I would buy this fish and send it to you as Christmas gift.

Just went to Amazon.com and picked up more Prime, a mega pack of my favorite test strips, a backup API ammonia test kit, and a pack of filter brushes for my AC's. Quick deal and good prices too. It pays to shop around.... :yeah:

today i bought some frozen brime shrimp with spiriluna.

went to get java fern b ut the plants didnt seem to be named ,so i came away clueless lol. i really should of asked someone lol

I am SO proud of myself!! I went to my LFS to get flake food for my Tiger Barbs. I actually found a new kind that looks really good. The part I am proud of is that I barely even LOOKED at the goldfish!!! Phew! That is quite a big deal for me as I am easily swayed by the cute goldie "buy me" dance!!!!!!!!!

I went to nnnn and bought a Marineland 60 gallon ensemble, a Marineland Penguin Bio-Filter 350, a new bucket, a decorative background and 50lbs of gravel. I almost adopted a one eyed Oranda, but my tank wasn't set up and then I realized, I really don't want a fish with a wen. To top it off, when I got home I realized I left my 15% off coupon in my purse and didn't use it!

I went to nnnn and bought a Marineland 60 gallon ensemble, a Marineland Penguin Bio-Filter 350, a new bucket, a decorative background and 50lbs of gravel. I almost adopted a one eyed Oranda, but my tank wasn't set up and then I realized, I really don't want a fish with a wen. To top it off, when I got home I realized I left my 15% off coupon in my purse and didn't use it!

Congratulations on the new set up. Sounds like you'll have fun setting it up.

mj

Well, it wasn't an LFS, but I went to W*lmart today...the fish didn't look to happy :( but not as bad as I've heard many describe them as. Strangely enough, the lights in the tanks were all off.

Completely unrelated to fish- I had to LOL at the sight of a wall covered with rifles, shotguns, and knives right next to the toddler's stuffed animals. That's the good ol' USA for you! ;)

unrelated to fish- I had to LOL at the sight of a wall covered with rifles, shotguns, and knives right next to the toddler's stuffed animals. That's the good ol' USA for you! ;)

I know what you mean--two of our local one stop shopping places have the kid's toy aisles next to the gardening supplies and the smell of pesticides/fertilizers is really strong!! Can't be good to inhale those fumes. :unsure:

Anyway, back on topic I went to Pet/smart last weekend and they had albino cories on sale for $1.99 so I got 3 of them and a bunch of glass shrimp. :)

We went to our LFS today as Stu's puffer looked awful last night so we decided to redo his tank. He got a new filter, 2 new ornaments, an algae scraper brush thing, new dechlorinator and pest snails. After a 100% water change and new decor and fresh live food the puffer is much happier. I really thought he'd died last night but he'd just wedged himself behind a filter. They had some nice bigger goldies in, a chocolate oranda with such a big wen he looked like he had massive eyebrows and an orange oranda with some interesting nasal bouquets. It was a white ryukin with overlaid charcoal patterns that caught my eye but I didn't get him, he was cute but I'm waiting for Red II atm and also going away for a week soon, buying new fish immediately before departing somewhere is not good.

Just received a package today from Amazon with an API Ammonia drop kit, a pack of Marineland filter brushes, a large container of Nitrate/Nitrite test strips, and a liter of Prime. Always good to get a package. ;)

My hubby noticed a brand new fish store the other day!!! We went by there today. It is mainly saltwater. They had awesome fish. AND the BEST PART the guy was SO friendly AND REALLY knew his stuff!!!

He spend 20-30 minutes talking to us (maybe longer). I told him I was interested in a salt water tank but have always been a little scared to try it. He said my 29 gal tank would be great & explained lots about how to start out. He said he'd even provide me water to start out with!! It was so nice talking to someone like that!!! I just might give it a shot!!!!

Today I got some Hikari wheat germ (made it sink bwahahha) and got a nice new sponge filter. Poop no more. Also my new glass canopies arrived today from Drs. Foster and Smith :yeah:

Edited by Haruka

It is so good to have a fantastic group of ENABLERS right on hand!!! LOL!! I am studying the salt water idea. I will maybe give it a shot after the holidays!! We'll see!!

BUT-OMG!!!! I got ANOTHER BLACK MOOR!!!!!!!! I had no intention of getting one & certainly didn't expect to get one at Wally World!!! But I did!

I was looking at the fish which are usually dull, ordinary & generally half dead!! But some actually looked pretty decent! THEN I SAW THIS BLACK MOOR!!!!! Good sized 2-3 inches body alone. Velvety Deep Black! Not a sign of Ich, no damaged fins!!!!! I stood and watched him awhile. Then I asked a person to get me some help. as usual it took awhile. I tried to talk myself out of it & walk away but he is beautiful!!!!! I decided that since I have my big tank salted due to my "had to dump in the 2 new babies because of the busted bag" incident. I would GO FOR IT!.................

Here's some pics of him. What'd ya'll think????

fish-dec-2010-04-1.jpg

He seems to "want" to be named Ichabod......but the Ich part bothers me!

fish-dec-2010-02-1.jpg

Disregard the spots on the glass.....

Jeana you picked out a winner, what a great Christmas gift!!!! I really like his deep body type, velvet black color, and nice high fins. And the eyes look like they are the globe type Moor eyes...VERY googly, just like Magoo's! He's going to be just fine with your good care...right along with Peepers. Whatcha going to name him???

Gotta love those Moors! :Congrats: and Way to go!!! :thumb::thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Very nice fish!! Wally World sure does have great fish sometimes, like this one or my own Moor and Hugo :)

Anyway, I was at Wally World a couple days ago and their betta section was terrible. Multiple dead in their cups, rotting away and their water already yellow. It was disgusting. Hubby is gonna call corporate about that.

I went to my lfs yesterday and bought a baby bristle nose pleco. He's an albino and I named him Frosty :heart

I also saw gorgeous calico orandas. My mom was with me and saw me drooling over them. She looked and said "my God, $40 for a fish." I said "ya really" then thought to myself...."I'll be back for one of you soon!" LOL