Today I Went To My Favorite Lfs And.....

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooooh! That must have been hard to walk away from.

Not today -- I got two new ranchus via FedEx. biggrin.gif

Ooooh, ya. I totally forgot you had them coming. Pics soon I imagine?

• 4 weeks later...

Nobody has stopped at the their LFS lately? I find that hard to believe! Share with us! :D

I went to P*tco looking for 40 gal breeder tanks for 40$ ea.,but They did'nt have any.

Ill try another one tomorrow :fishtank

Stopped at the good LFS this morning

And they had a new shipment of goldfish -- including a black ranchu that had to be a good 6-7 inches. And fat! SO cute.

What part of Ca. are You in?

I would love to find good fish locally.

Im near Los Angeles,and It's dry around here. :r030:

Might as well add mine :)

On Monday I went to the lfs store with my mom and she bought be a liter of Prime...she is an enabler. There is really nothing that can make you more happy than a liter of prime I tell you :P

And then on Wednesday I went to another lfs (not my favorite) and bought a sibling for my panda telescope! Pics are already in my other thread. But this place makes me sad because they hire kids that know nothing about fish, and then admit it to you...well I guess that is sort of a good thing since they don't make up information.

Oooo I need more Prime....

Last time I went to my LFS we found some frozen goldfish pellets, like gelfood in a box! There's higher starch content than I'd like but a lot of protein too and as I won't be able to make my own until I move again I figure it's not a bad alternative. The fish like them :)

We're going to a little aquatics store today and they got black ranchus in from Singapore this week!!! I'm not sure if I want a new fish but I've thought for a while that if I did get one it would be a black ranchu, and having seen the quality of the black orandas they had 2 weeks ago I'm going to be hard pressed not to come home with one!

So yesterday I went to a pretty big pet store called Pj's Pet Center and I just went in there so I could compare prices with Pets*Mart... they had a wider variety of fish, but the accessories were so overpriced compared to Pets*mart! Anyway, after looking around for about an hour, I finally bought some java fern and left. xD

There were some cute baby orandas in a tank, and one bigger 4 inch one by himself with the babies! I felt so bad for him, I hope he gets a good home soon. I can't fit anymore goldfish in my tank... so I knew that wasn't an option. :rolleyes:

I was looking at the bettas they have there, and I still think that pets*mart had nicer looking ones! So strange!

Also, there was a gerbil with BABIES! Made me want a rodent again, like when I was 10 and had a hamster. Those guys are so cute! (but so smelly)

Today I stopped at my favorite LFS and picked up some tetra flakes for my tropical fish, a liter of Prime (one can never have too much Prime), and two Pepper Cory Cats for my tropical tank. I'm acclimating them now as I type and they'll make a nice addition to my Cory group. ;)

Edited by blackteles

a liter of Prime (one can never have too much Prime)

Copycat :P

I went with my brother to a place that shouldn't be named today. He had to buy mice for his snake :( so I went to look at the black moors. They were all tiny babies, about nickel size in body, and had wicked ich...sad day.

I went to my favourite Ipswich LFS and... saw the most adorable pearlscale ever (in the pics thread). I also told the shop assistant that they weren't looking after the goldies properly and not to give up on them since he said they were practically write offs!

• 2 weeks later...

Did some shopping online at a place in CA and ordered a few containers of Omega One medium pellets and assorted media for my AC 50 and 70's. Great prices and fast shippers too! Saved me loads of time.... ;)

While my husband waited at a walk-in medical clinic in a strip mall I hardly ever go to, I walked around and found a pet store with puppies, kittens, reptiles, etc, and lots of healthy goldfish (a rarity where I live). There was a huge black ranchu and tons of little fantails. I was really tempted to buy one of the fantails, but as I don't have a QT tank set up I resisted. At least now I know where to go when the time comes for me to buy more fish. :)

Last night we went to our LFS and got some more plants for the tropical tank.

I love my hubby for being gone 9 hours for work, coming home tired at 8:15 pm and STILL taking me over to the LFS without complaining. (I don't have a car and am stuck at home watching my fish... oh noooeees! LOL)

Today I went to a not so good store to return something I actually got at another store (don't judge me) and while I was looking around a woman came in looking for a tank. She had gotten two ADFs from brookstone in that teeny weeny box. She didn't like the size of it and wanted something bigger. The store employee actually suggested a ten gallon tank and some suitable tankmates for it. It looks like this place might be getting better. They didn't have any sick goldies in their tanks :)

I found the most amazing Pets at Home today, it must be one of their flagship stores or something, seriously I was so impressed and the staff were great. All the fish looked fab too :) I spent a bomb...and am going back on Friday for some crushed coral they are ordering in for me. The shop assistant knew?exactly what I was using it for and has actually used it himself :) We came home with 2 filters for the betta tanks for when I get the crushed coral (unfortunately one will be going back :( ), frozen bloodworms, the latest Practical Fishkeeping magazine, a siphon for Stu and 3 driftwood stem things which are?exactly what I've been looking for for mounting my runaway java ferns on so I'm very pleased, they have some healthy looking anubias on them too. Forgot to get the big heater I wanted though...that'll have to wait until Friday when I go back with Stu, he's going to get a really fine air diffuser thing that they were out of stock of. Spent sooo much money on the fishies today (and none on the hamsters! Don't tell Diggers!).

Well I haven't gone to the LFS lately, but I did order some stuff on Drs. Foster and Smith!

I got some stuff so that I could set up the 55 gallon tank again:

-25 foot python and 20 foot extension

-Aquaclear intake extenders

-Marineland Stealth heater, 250 watt (and it is awesome!)

-another Marineland flexible bubble wand

And at Goldfish Connection I got

-25 watt UV sterilizer for the 75g tank

-biostars for the 55g tank

:D

I didn't get to post my last purchases because of everything going on in the last week... but I got filter floss, some biomax, and an air pump at my local petgo. Also ordered an API master-kit from e-bay, and got a VERY pretty rock at Aqua Serene while I was at boyfriend's. All in the name of setting up the new tank!

I went to my LFS Saturday for a thermometer and some Saki Hikari - I came out with the food and thermometer plus new filter media, an air pump, 2 air stones, air line, water conditioner and a tiny little adorable pearlscale goldfish :)

Plus I ordered some stuff online which should be coming today, wheee! I have an Eheim adjustable air stone coming which I'm very excited about, plus ever more filter media, more air line, an algae scraper and a new API master test kit! Oh, and another air pump, haha!

My next purchases will be v exciting - I'm currently saving for a 40-50 gallon tank and a Fluval FX5 or 405 external filter!

Hmmm...let's see. Online I picked up a bunch of extra media for my AquaClears, and a couple of containers of my favorite Omega One sinking pellets.

I stopped at my LFS on Saturday and picked up zeolite media for my 55 gal tank. I'm removing gravel slowly and added an AC 110 but I still picked up a small cycle bump. Things are looking good right now though... :)

Last Saturday I went to Pet/co to pick up a spare filter since I had another one up and die on me recently. Had to borrow the bettas filter for my 16 gal tank cause I took the 16's original filter for the 20 gal when that one burned out. Had an extra at the time but the other day that one died too. Anyway, so the 10 gal betta tank doesn't really need a filter but I might set up the new one in there and see if it's too much current or not.

Yesterday my bf and I stopped at a local feed store to look at their stock tanks since the bf says he wants to make me a pond on his back patio next spring! We are thinking about a 100 gal with a shallower 50 gal in front of it and making a water fall between them. I can't wait!! In fact a couple weeks ago I already got a new feeder gf that I want to put in the pond. :)

And, also a few weeks ago they had a tank sale at Pet/co--$1 per gallon. My bf encouraged me to get a 40 gal I liked and said I can keep it at his house along with the 3 tanks there now and the pond later on!! I also bought a glass top for it that was not on sale and cost almost as much as the tank. But that sale was just too good to pass up! I plan on using the 40 gal for goldies also--ones I don't want in the pond. But I can't set it up for awhile cause I need to use a big, sturdy desk that my bf is currently using for a project in his garage. He said I can have it when he's finished--don't know how long that will be. Have to be patient! :whatjust:

Edited by Kristi