Today I Went To My Favorite Lfs And.....

Went to the PETCO I worked at to look around. It went down the tubes since I left working in the aquatic area. Then I gave my black moore to an ex coworker there. Sad to see him go, but he was terrorizing my tank. Also went to a petsmart ive never been to and was really impressed with their aquariums. They were all clear and everyone was healthy. It looked very taken care of. It suprised me a bit..

The only reason I shop at PETCO is because my employee discount still works. 20 percent off anything in the store all the time. I wonder when they are going to delete my employee number out of the system...hahah hopefoully never.

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Supporter

Got two females, and one male golden gourami. They are so cute. The one girl has a boo boo above one eye. It's not an open sore. looks more like a really red bruise. There was a very aggressive male in that tank. Hopefully clean water and it will heal. They also had a reall big, pretty pearlscale, but I don't have room, and it wasn't a fish I couldn't live without. The gouramis really compliment the tank. Originally I wanted blue gouramis, but I'm happy with the gold ones. Most of the fish in that tank are cool colored, and they make for a very nice contrast. :) THE END

• 3 weeks later...

Got some NLS small goldfish formula for the goldies (they liked it, can you imagine??), got some frog and tadpole bites for the woggies, and some Omega One flakes for the trops and fry. They had a really pretty red telescope dead as a doornail. :( Petco tanks make me sad, but their prices on food can't be beat. Like First Bites at Petco is $2.49 and it's $4.89 at Petsmart. That is kind of a huge difference. They don't even have NLS at Petsmart so yeah... I'm rambling about fish food, what is wrong with me....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Been at multiple LFS today and saw a bunch of neat goldfish.

Fintastic seems to have gotten their act together and their freshwater department looks 300% better. They had a whole lot of big ryukins, orandas, ranchus and telescopes for between $ 50 and $ 70. They also had some gorgeous medium sized pearlscales for $ 20, I almost went home with a white and red one. Mostly white, with a bit of red. The left eye was a big black button eye and the right eye was silver. Not overly golfball shaped, he was actually a bit more slender than the others, and very healthy looking.

They also had several beautiful yellow bubble eyes and ultra cute medium sized calico chus.

Petco had a gorgeous golden fantail. Great formation, perfect fins. Not overly long and flowy fins, maybe a bit more on the short side, but very full and not a single tear or kink in it. Gorgeous guy.

ASHLEE!!!! Where is the petstore with AC110s for $22????? Do they have any more??????

It was petsmart since they are downgrading the fish stuff and adding more dog/cat stuff.

My Petsmarts never had the big ACs on clearance, but I did get an AC 20 on clearance for a backup or QT filter. :)

Today, I got two new lights for my 77. One is out, and all of them are old. I still need two new ones for the front, but they are bigger and will cost a lot more. I also got a new bigger air pump so I can add another bubbler to the tank. I spent $66 and didn't get anything fun. :(

Also, yesterday I went to the better Petsmart, and the fish section looked bad, which is unusual. I was so disappointed. There were lots of dead fish and lots of weak ones being blown around by the filter. :(

Went to the LFS and was extremely tempted to buy a koi. He was adorable!!! Black and white with a slight creamish/yellowish tint. And only $5.99! I was standing there for 10 minutes telling myself not to get him. I even went back to look at him, but decided not to get him. He's been there for 2 weeks now! And he swims upto the glass and stays there when I was there. AHHHHHH! Why can't I be rich and have a ginormous pond?!?!?!

• 3 weeks later...

At one,I resisted the urge to splurge and get another goldie.Had my eye on 3 of the $18 crew.One was a mostly white ryukin (pretty sure ryukin),with a black button eye and yellow/orange spots,and two were golden-yellow calico fantail types,with maybe a bit of ryukin in them.

At another,besides getting another bottle of Jungle AP(cause he had it,and it was half off) and a python faucet adaptor,my mom got some fake plants,very pale/pastel in color.We figured that they were just faded from the sun.NOPE. My mom only used 2 of the 3 in the pack,and gave me the other.Which I promptly put on the bathroom counter and forgot about. And what did I discover while looking for my glasses a few mintutes ago? IT FREAKIN GLOWS IN THE FLIPPIN DARK. I need to a)find money to get more and b)find a way to add these to all my tanks.

Didn't go to MY FAVORITE LFS but I did go to Wally World and picked up a Whisper Silent Filter for my Bettas tank. The tiny filter I had in there croaked on me. I really like this one it REALLY is silent too!!

I went on Fri on a whim to Petsmart. They were having their select fish for $1 sale. My neons went from 12 to 7 so I bought 5 more. And I couldn't find one of my blue rams so I also got one more.

I was walking to the registers when I saw this huge new rack of plants. They had the usual plants in a tube plus more. They finally had java ferns. What I was most excited about was what they had in little bags above the tubes. There were a bunch of bunched/stem plants. They also had crypts, hairgrass and micro swords. They sell them in the gel, much like the tubes. There were also a couple I have never seen before and had to buy them. It is probably more expensive than PAC considering it was 7.99 each though.

Edited by ashlee18

I was walking to the registers when I saw this huge new rack of plants. They had the usual plants in a tube plus more. They finally had java ferns. What I was most excited about was what they had in little bags above the tubes. There were a bunch of bunched/stem plants. They also had crypts, hairgrass and micro swords. They sell them in the gel, much like the tubes. There were also a couple I have never seen before and had to buy them. It is probably more expensive than PAC considering it was 7.99 each though.

My Petsmart has those, and I have gotten several packs. It takes a bit of time for them to "wake up" and start growing, but they do well after a few weeks. Also, once they start to grow and are easier to separate, you'll see that you have a lot of plants. I doubt that you would get that many crypts, for example, from PAC for that price. If you don't mind that they start small, it's the best value for plants that I have seen.