Today I Went To My Favorite Lfs And.....

Today Molly and I went to the best pet store I have ever seen, and it has goldfish!! It was great!! I got a little 1-inch orange lionhead, a banana plant, some willow moss, a piece of driftwood and some vals for my new 55. My daughter named the new fish Poopsie because after the hour drive, there was an awful lot of poop in the bag. How does a little fish make that much poop?!?!

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The heater in my small trop tank took a dump so I had to run down and pick up a small Hagen heater quick. While I was there I picked up 3 Pepper Corys to add to my large trop tank. Maybe I can get them to spawn so I can get some more young. I have to catch miss Fang...she's waaay ahead of me! :ehh

Edited by blackteles

I bought a new light that actually fits my aquarium (had been running the 30 inch one on my 36 inch tank), pretty excited. It has moon light leds built in. Also got some dward sag for my betta tank and picked up a phosphate test just for fun (curious if my phosphates high and that might be contributing to brown algae)

Ended up returning the light I bought. I just didn't like that the moon lights didn't have their own switch and were on all the time. They are ordering me the same brand of fixture that I had on the 29 (it's an 'AquaticLife dual T5HO')... I hate waiting though!

While I was there I saw mats of baby tears for 5 dollars. I think it may have been a mistake, the mats they had were like 6x6 inch squares, seemed like a steal so I bought one for the betta tank. I'm sure I won't be able to keep it alive, but I figure it was only 5 bucks, it's worth a try ;)

...fell in love with ALL the over-excited tiny goldies. Came home empty handed though.

this happens to me all the time :( it's like self-torture every time I enter a LPS lol

...fell in love with ALL the over-excited tiny goldies. Came home empty handed though.

this happens to me all the time :( it's like self-torture every time I enter a LPS lol

I know, but yet we continue to do it! At least I know in about a month or so I will be bringing two of those babies home with me :D

I went to my LFS to see if they had another Calico Fantail like Jazz I got there a few weeks ago....they had 2-3 more back then...but they were out and I was said to see that their goldie tanks looked pretty bad. I mentioned it to the guy that I think owns the place & he assured me they would attend to them ASAP. (They are really most knowledgeable about salt water fish...& are trying tropicals & goldies too. Hopefully they'll do better!!

BUT I did get two little Dwarf Puffers. Never had them before but they are SO cute. I have been reading up on them! We'll see how THIS venture goes!!!

Not my LFS, but finally broke down and bought two of the fluval mini compact lights (13w each) for my 5 gallon, also ordered some dwarf baby tears and xmas moss from PAC. I have been loving my betta tank recently ;)

I went to Petco and got another freaking tank. The goldfish still all had anchor worm. :(

Plus a filter and a light.

And I ordered a lid for my Chi and a bunch of new test tubes because let me tell you, with 6 (now 7 good god what is happening) tanks, three tubes (broke one) isn't cutting it.

I'm going to the LFS later to see if that cute little ranchu is still there.

I went last night and got a 15" bubble wand for the 55.

While there, we all were entertained by the woman who yelled at her 7-year-old daughter for wanting to buy a bigger bowl for her new betta. The woman yelled a lot and loudly. My poor daughter was very uncomfortable. The poor little girl was trying to buy a bigger plastic bowl and a little colored gravel, and the mom is YELLING, "No! They like the little bowls! (This store sells the fish in a small glass bowl for an extra $2.) You put it down now! I'm the mother! You are 7! You can't have gravel, it just will make the water dirty! They don't like gravel!" This went on and on, and she was loud. And the little girl kept saying, "But I'm using my money."

I felt so sorry for the poor girl and the poor fish. :(

I hate people like that. The other type parents at petstores I hate are the ones that literally let their children run loose.

A few weeks ago at Petsmart, these people had three children there and the kids were RUNNING in the fish area, screaming, pounding against the tanks. If that was my children, they'd all get a slap on their rear.

That's what you get from anti-authoritarian education. I got my butt beat when I was stupid as a child, and turned out to be a very decent human being as adult. Surprise!

Went and picked up a Fluval mini Co2 system for my betta tank... I have read mixed reviews on these, but wanted to try it out. I already don't like how big it is for the tank, but I will give it a shot for at least a month. Since I now have about 4 watts per gallon with my new lights, I figured it might be a good idea to start upping the Co2 in there.

My LFS had the cutest celestials while I was there! It was my first time seeing them in person. Wish I could have a bigger tank :(

Went into the pet store near me that I quite like. They actually had a lot of really nice looking goldfish - crowned pearlscales, nice ryukins and orandas...but the whole goldfish system must have had parasites...the fish were so sickly. :( They usually do a great job looking after their fish, but still so sad to see.

Not exactly local but still only 30 mins away. Didn't buy anything but had a lot of fun wathcing a giant guarami, 2 black pacu and 2 catfish in the most enormous tank I've ever seen IRL. Not sure how big but in excess of 350 gal. The fish have all been donated after outgrowing what their previous owners were able to provide. The guarami is 50+ cm.

The black pacu (my fav) are hiding at the back, one at each end.

http://s1096.photobucket.com/albums/g333/ninzah/?action=view&current=Video0042.mp4