Today I Went To My Favorite Lfs And.....

I went to my once favorite store today. Last week I checked out their goldies and was a little sad by the state of them. Went back this week to buy prazi from them and checked out the goldies again. This is what I found:

http://i71.photobuck...er/fish/Sad.jpg

Everyone was either bottom sitting or gasping for air at the top. There was a gorgeous ryukin in the tank above them but I wasn't about to risk my fish for it or support this store. They used to have this great teenager that knew EVERYTHING about fish and took excellent care of them but he went off to college. They did have the prazi though and I had to buy it as the preventative.

That's a real shame :( I feel really sad when I see the odd one or two bottom sitting, but for them all to be ill is really bad :(

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i bought from ebay some bio nodes in my fluval filter hand book it says that it works best full

why dont they sell it with enough to fill the u4 in stead of half full i wouldnt mind a couple of pounds more

OK so I went to my lps today and I got 5n1 test strips,ammonia test strips,filter sponge inserts(but not for my filter)tap conditioner,20 gal long hood and 2 new backgrounds for my twin tanks,some banana plants for all,and what else...I feel like I'm forgetting something...my gosh getting on in life really is irritating ;)pic's to follow later ;)

I went to a pet store today and got two brand spankin' new Aquaclear 70's! I was gonna buy them online as per Dennis' tip, but I ended up not wanting to wait for them to be shipped. hehe I also got an algae scrubber and another thermometer. Getting the 55 all ready for my two new fish. :)

• Supporter

okay.. so i didn't go today.. i went yesterday.. i purchased some stress coat, crushed coral, a UV thingy to attach to my filter (aparantly this kills bacteria and possibly algae) if someone can confirm.. and then when i realize how to translate the CHINESE MANUAL (AAAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH) is shall insatll it.. i also found that they're now stocking hikari pellets, so i grabbed a few small packs to see if my goldies like them.. they LOOOOOVE them..

Ok - so it's not QUITE local, but I made the hour drive to Preuss Pets in Lansing yesterday. Wanted to get Hakari sinking pellets, but they only had floating, and what makes Preuss my fave store is - they didn't try to tell me the floating was just as good for my ranchus and lion. We settled on a small bottle of another brand while I wait for them to restock. I also had them check my water cuz my tank is cycling with pishes in it and then I bought a water stabilizer. My daughter was proud because that was all I got this trip!

You ever find yourself in the Guildford area, get down to Maidenhead Aquatics in Horsley, they're pretty good, I got Mariko and Red from there. ;)

Just went on their website and discovered they have one in Brighton yay!! I never knew it was there, I wonder if its new. When I go back to uni I'm definitely paying a visit. The only draw back is its up a HUGE hill so I'd have to get the bus there, which is a rip off, but oh well :)

They're different by each store, they're not a chain, they're a franchise so are run according to whoever happens to be managing it. They Guildford one's pretty good, the one at Stokesley was more 'meh', I was all excited when I found out there was one local but it's actually not that exciting. I always go to the Guildford one at least once when I'm at my parents for a weekend just for a nosey.

I bought the most enormous box of aquarium salt last time I was in G'ford figuring knowing my luck I'd need to do the big tank and wouldn't want to do it with little boxes, since then I haven't needed it. I've needed 1/4 tsp of epsom and that's it. It seems to be one of those things that if you've got it in you don't need it and when you haven't something comes along and goes 'SALT ME!'

I stopped in today at a Petsma*t in the city where I'm working and picked up a container of Omega One medium pellets for my goldfish. I also measured the 120 gallon tank and stand to make sure I have enough room in the back of my friend's pickup to haul them 2 hours back to my place.

-Dennis

Well, i didn't go to my favourite fish shop, but I did go to a fish shop. I went for a new gravel cleaner, but they only had the small ones in so I got some stress coat which i also needed. I went back a few hours later to buy a thermometer, a filter sponge and some blood worms (never bought blood worms before ^_^).

Went again for a gravel cleaner and they didn't have them again! Apprently there's some problem at the factory and they won't be able to get them until atleast the 31st! So, i'm going to go somewhere else today.

Went to my LEAST fave store and saw so many rotting corpses it almost made me cry. There was a half a black moor in one tank and a pile of koi on the bottom of another. I went to another dept and then came back, I was going to call for a manager, but an employee had taken out the corpses and was cleaning tanks. I thanked him, but then noticed the empty boxes - he had just added a whole shipment of fish into the tanks without QT or even floating the bags. SO SAD :(

I went to Pets*mart today to pick up some cat food, and also ended up walking out with a Seachem ammonia alert (for the new fish) and a small air pump that was on clearance for only $2.29! One can NEVER have too many air pumps!! :D

I went to Pets*mart today to pick up some cat food, and also ended up walking out with a Seachem ammonia alert (for the new fish) and a small air pump that was on clearance for only $2.29! One can NEVER have too many air pumps!! :D

Inorite!?

I called ahead to my new favorite lfs to see if they had anymore pearlscales, they did. I rushed over and got my "pick of the litter" as they had just came in a few hours earlier. I also picked up a filter cartridge and stealth heater for my betta spawning tank.

what fish? new goldies?

• Supporter

I called ahead to my new favorite lfs to see if they had anymore pearlscales, they did. I rushed over and got my "pick of the litter" as they had just came in a few hours earlier. I also picked up a filter cartridge and stealth heater for my betta spawning tank.

ahslee,

:Congrats: on your new fish.. photo's please!! in the appropriate forum of course! :bat:

I went to Seapets yesterday and had a browse... said hello to a lot of very enthusiastic fantails/orandas/ryukin babies in three tanks, and one very zippy black moor, and four rather large friendly fancies in another... then I went and had a long look at all the fluffies. I really want a hamster! So many cute bunnies and pigglies :D