Today I Went To My Favorite Lfs And.....

My fish would start to float if they EVEN heard you say trates are 200 :yikes

I took back an impeller I didn't need and got 2 titanium heaters for an additional $21.00. Then I went to Home Depot and got some vinyl tubing for the spare Python parts I purchased a while back. They only had 10' long pieces,I hope I can make it work somehow,or back they go and I'll have to look online :oops:

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today I went to my favorite LFS and got an airstone, an air pump, a check valve, and what I thought was cool, tubing that is green and has fake plants attached to it so you can disguise your tube. Unfortunately, the tubing is too tiny to attach to anything, but luckily I had some regular size tubing in my "fish box" so YAY MY NEWER TANK HAS BUBBLES!

Actually I think I can make the plant tube thing work but I'll have to do some cutting of the regular tubing and use some connectors.

Edit: Oh yeah and some sinking pellets for the goldfish, which Bob hates, apparently because he just spits them out immediately, and some more Prime. And I didn't even LOOK at the fish. Go me.

Edited by happysnapper

• Admin

Went to the LFS, Got a new Air Stone and two loaches and about 12 ghost shrimp for the Guppy tank. Talked to the workers there about the origin of the goldfish and the verities. I think I shock them everytime I start talking about goldfish. :lol:)

Last night I went to the "good" fish store and bought media for my small canister filter. I looked at the fish, but the ranchu's didn't slay me with their cuteness....well, that's not quite right. The black ones were super cute, but I have a black background for my tank, and I don't think black fish would show up. The orange ones are pale orange and don't have such a cute tail tuck so I didn't like them quite so much. I'm probably going to pass on them for now.

They didn't have Eco Complete substrate or anything other than colored gravel, so I have another chance to look for fish (and substrate) on the weekend and the other shops.

The have 2 different kinds of White Cloud Mountain Minnows (gold and regular), so I think I'll be getting some of those in a week or so.

I went home and set up the canister on Fluffy's tank. The water whooshes around and it's very quiet. It's great!

Edited by mjbubbles

I went to my LFS and "only looked" at the fish hint hint nudge nudge ahem.... and there was this great looking goldie i liked but... hint hint nudge nudge :D:P:ehh:whistle

Edited by thefishofultimatejoy

I went to my LFS today and saw some beautiful red and white orandas and the entire tank was marked as sold. All of them. To the same person. Life is so unfair. Then to top it off, they didn't have any Hikari fish food. Bummed.

I went to my LFS to get bloodworms and brine shrimp. The place was just swamped!! I found the manager (who is my friend) and asked how I could help. I ended up catching and bagging fish for about 45 min!

• Supporter
I went to my LFS to get bloodworms and brine shrimp. The place was just swamped!! I found the manager (who is my friend) and asked how I could help. I ended up catching and bagging fish for about 45 min!
That sounds knida fun. I went to the LFS today, I picked up a bottle of prazi and the bottle cracked. Got the stuff all over me. Lol :)

That sounds knida fun. I went to the LFS today, I picked up a bottle of prazi and the bottle cracked. Got the stuff all over me. Lol :)

The liquid prazi pro with that weird sweet smell?

got a little spongy thing on a handle to clean my glass and a new faucet attachment for my gravel vac (mine has been super difficult to get on and off lately making me not want to do water changes!). I've also been seriously considering getting a 40 gallon breeder tank to replace my 29, so I was check out some stands because I wouldn't trust the one I have with a larger tank. I'm thinking I can convince my bf to let me have the 40 gallon as an xmas present ;) (he thinks the 29 is too big already lol).

well i iddnt go today but i did go yesterday :P

anyways i picked up 2 bubble wands just like the 2 others i tossed out got 4 bottles of jungle water conditioner, 6 cuttle bones for the button quail, and of coarse had a look at the goldies was glad yet a bit disapointed as they had an adorable little orange and white lion head that was the ONLY fancy they had and he was super cute i wanted him bad but have no where to put him sadly as my 80 gallon is on day 2 of cycling right now!! i have a loooong wait ahea of me before i can begin looking into picking a new fish

• Supporter
That sounds knida fun. I went to the LFS today, I picked up a bottle of prazi and the bottle cracked. Got the stuff all over me. Lol

yeah. Half an hour car ride home with it. Glad I was wearing a crappy shirt.

That sounds knida fun. I went to the LFS today, I picked up a bottle of prazi and the bottle cracked. Got the stuff all over me. Lol

So now it's a weird sweet smelling crappy shirt? :booty

• Supporter

So now it's a weird sweet smelling crappy shirt?

well.....It's ashes now. Threw it in the wood stove. I have this weird aversion to shirts with oil stains and it fell into that category. Cotton burns very well,just in case any one wants to know.

Yesterday I got a divider for my angelfish tank. One of the males has decided he wants to be the only male in the tank with 3 females. So I had to separate them from killing each other. Then I got some media bags for super cheap and some filter sponges as extras.

Got my Fluval 405 in the mail yesterday, took it home and it does not fit in the cabinet!!

I'm going to return it and make do with the combination of Whisper PF 3 and Fluval 205 - this should give 465 gph, which is 8.5x filtration. Just saved myself $160.

Stopped at the lfs on the way home last night and got Nutrifin Cycle and a lettuce clip. Filter media was WAY expensive at P@@Co, so I'll go to the Chinese shop today and get some. I hope to set up the new 55 tomorrow morning.

Looking for White Cloud Mountain Minnows too.