Today I Went To My Favorite Lfs And.....

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to my local Pet$mart a couple days ago, and was pleasantly surprised to find that the goldfish actually looked pretty healthy. There were orandas, ADORABLE baby pearlscales, shubunkins, fantails, moors, and a big, beautiful silver pompon, the only one I've ever seen.

Of, course, though, I had no space for it *sigh* Maybe it'll still be there when I get my new tank set up, which I bought at the same time. A 25g with filter, hood, 2 florescent bulbs and heater that was on sale for 80 bucks. :D

I was at my local Petsm@rt last week getting some supplies & I saw what looked like 2 very pretty Black Orandas (my dream goldie) I looked closer & they were actually Blue Orandas (I could make out the silver & brown color a little bit). I got one. I have dubbed him (?) Walter & kept him in a tote for a few days. Yesterday I decided to put him in the big tank & deal with it. (My little filter was croaking on me!)

Walter is doing fine & mingling with the others. He is very pretty.

I went to my lfs W@llyWorld and got a 2-15g heater, a thermometer, a magnifying glass, some airline tubing and some baby shrimp. :)

I'm trying my hand at raising fry. :D

• 1 month later...

Today I went down to my lfs and picked up a new Tetra Whisper 60 pump to run my 18" bubble curtain. Funny thing about it is that I'm replacing the old pump which was a Tetra Whisper 100. Must have been factory defective because the 60 is working quite awesome at the moment.

Let's keep this thread going guys! Everybody likes to hear what we got at our LFS! Here's a vid of my rather routine trip to my LFS for the benefit of our newer members. I'm just sayin...... :tomato:

Today, at my favorite lfs, I got 2 new fishies: a beautiful red and white ryukin and a goofy little red capped oranda :heart And for a bonus surprise, the very knowledgeable employee I dealt with when I first got into goldies is back from maternity leave :bounce

Today, at my favorite lfs, I got 2 new fishies: a beautiful red and white ryukin and a goofy little red capped oranda :heart And for a bonus surprise, the very knowledgeable employee I dealt with when I first got into goldies is back from maternity leave :bounce

Pics pics pics please! Or did I miss them??

Today - because of Dennis' constant going on about how great they are - we got 6 peppered corys. They are floating in the bag in the tank at the moment. According to THE INTERNET they will eat pellets that make it to the bottom of the tank. So these will then be the cleanup crew for this. And I am sure they will also like all the other goodies in there.

A few days ago we also got another platy. Probably the most interesting looking one I have ever seen. Never saw one in that coloration. Kinda plain looking at first because he is almost all in silver and black shades, with a an orange tail. But actually really pretty looking. Also got four new big java ferns and an amazon sword in the tropical tank :)

Pepper corys are awesome. And they love anything that sinks to the bottom of the tank.

Great! Usually the pleco and snails take care of leftovers, as well as the ghost shrimp, but they just miss some too. Pleco seems too big, snails too slow and the ghost shrimp really don't eat much. Hopefully a small school of corys will be able to keep the feeding area cleaner!

I'm really excited and a bit wore out.

We brought home a new 55 gallon tank and stand.

Heavy work carry those into the house. Now to get it set up. Whoohoo!!!

They told me they were going to get a shipment of new goldies in that never get sick, never grow up and never die. I asked if they were plastic. rofl3.gif

:heart PRICELESS :heart:rofl3

Went to my feed store today to stock up on my horse supplies and noticed for the first time that they had a fish section. They had lots of goldies and they ALL seemed to be healthy, even the feeders looked in better shape than in any of our local pet shops. They had the cutest little black moors. Soooo tempting, but I managed to walk away buying only a new can of freeze dried brine shrimp. :)

I went to the small LFS today to buy some new airstones. They had some super-lovely red and white orandas that were HUGE, easily 4 inches in body length. SOOOOO tempting, but I'm not in the market at the moment.

I was bummed. The fish specialty store had some pretty goldies, but they didn't look great. Not that I am really planning to get any more. I just like to look.

More plants today. This is becoming my new shoe obsession.

Okay...maybe not. The shoes are really up there.

I was at pet$mart today to pick up dog food and filter pads for qt. Had to walk past the goldies but didn't like any of them. Walked past the plants and finally saw some decent wisteria. They are in the tank now. They look like mint but hopefully they don't taste like it to the goldies.

Grace: what kind of caribsea substrate? I have some too and love it.

Today I Went To My Favorite Lfs And...

bought many, many bugs which Altair DESTROYED when I got home, and nearly got another goldfish (was either going to be a little white pearl or a very pretty cali oranda) but a gut feeling wouldn't let me choose the fish. Which turned out to be a very good thing.

Instead I went to pay for my bugs and found out my credit card is on lockdown due to someone copying it. So had to scrounge for my change to combine it with what funds were in my bank acct as my check still hasn't cleared just yet, but bugs were priority! HUNGRY LIZARD!!!

Still. Adorable fishies today....